Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

AKA vs. Matt Hughes

Print  
Posted By Message

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:
"Recent comments by American Kickboxing Academy welterweights Mike Swick, Jon Fitch and Josh Koscheck about former UFC champion Matt Hughes and their desire to fight him have been misconstrued, say Swick and Fitch.

Both fighters said they would welcome a fight with the man who ruled their division and garnered praise by many pundits as the “most dominant champion in UFC history,” but also made it clear they respect Hughes and his accomplishments in the sport. "

LINK

Post #1   10/9/09 6:22:55AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,340-1,374
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
If Hughes wants to be relevant again then he needs to take on one of these guys as all of them are near the top and above Hughes in the rankings. Hughes's days are numbered and he would lose to many of the guys out there like Swick, Koscheck, Fitch, Hazelett, Johnson and others.

Post #2   10/9/09 10:56:45AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,411-771
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

If Hughes wants to be relevant again then he needs to take on one of these guys as all of them are near the top and above Hughes in the rankings. Hughes's days are numbered and he would lose to many of the guys out there like Swick, Koscheck, Fitch, Hazelett, Johnson and others.

I agree that if Hughes wants to stay relevant he has to have tough fights. But I also think if KOS, Fitch, and Swick want to stay relevant they need to be fighting each other and stop calling out fighters ranked below them.

Post #3   10/9/09 3:56:15PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Posted by Wallass

I agree that if Hughes wants to stay relevant he has to have tough fights. But I also think if KOS, Fitch, and Swick want to stay relevant they need to be fighting each other and stop calling out fighters ranked below them.

Agreed. Once Hardy beats Swick Then KOS and Fitch need to fight. What happens if 5 team mates end up being the top 5 in a division? It is a joke and they should be made to fight or lose rankings in the UFC.

Post #4   10/9/09 4:32:21PM