Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Marquardt: "Carwin will KO Brock in under 2 minutes"

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

actually i would be willing to put money on carwin. those are not exactly good examples being as i dont think there is any way either shane or brock is gonna dominate so one sided.
-alves cant stop a gsp takedown
-griffin has a glass jaw

Umm, how did you reach these conclusions (prior to their last fights)?

Griffin had been knocked out prior, but he also withstood a lot of punishment in other fights. I don't see how that made it obvious he had a glass jaw

GSP and Alves never fought before. Alves was able to stuff both Kosheck and Hughes, two very decorated wrestlers. I don't see how any of that suggested Alves was prone to GSP's takedowns. On the contrary.

The simplest way I can support why putting money on Carwin would be worth is is this.

The odds are likely worth a bet where Carwin has a higher probability of a puncher's chance (compared to other fighters) against a guy that is not experienced in the stand up game.

Last edited 10/8/09 4:36PM server time by Rush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   10/8/09 4:35:38PM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

actually i would be willing to put money on carwin. those are not exactly good examples being as i dont think there is any way either shane or brock is gonna dominate so one sided.
-alves cant stop a gsp takedown
-griffin has a glass jaw

Umm, how did you reach these conclusions (prior to their last fights)?

Griffin had been knocked out prior, but he also withstood a lot of punishment in other fights. I don't see how that made it obvious he had a glass jaw

GSP and Alves never fought before. Alves was able to stuff both Kosheck and Hughes, two very decorated wrestlers. I don't see how any of that suggested Alves was prone to GSP's takedowns. On the contrary.

The simplest way I can support why putting money on Carwin would be worth is is this.

The odds are likely worth a bet where Carwin has a higher probability of a puncher's chance (compared to other fighters) against a guy that is not experienced in the stand up game.

touche sir touche

ok i wasnt bein specific, but no matter, who can stop a gsp takedown?
i was just tryin a obviously failed attempt to prove that anyone can be beat, and just because they are the champ does not mean they are ****** invincible, which seems to be the conclusion of many.

saying that there is no way one man can beat another is just bs, and that was the conclusion i got out of the poster i was replying to

Post #17   10/8/09 4:50:58PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by bigpetey22

I bet none of you are willing to bet money on Carwin!!!!!

Then you sir are a horrible gambler...

when betting on fights. you dont bet on who you think will win you play the odds
and if carwin is an underdog in a fight that i see as almost 50/50. You would have to be an idiot to put your money anywhere else then on the underdog. This also goes both ways, if brock was the underdog you have to be an idiot not to put money on brock.

ps i am talking about real money as i live in vegas. Not playground money where i tend to bet on the people i want to win because it is play money and there are no idiots when gambling with play money...

Post #18   10/8/09 6:20:15PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
I think Carwin is a solid bet at the odds they're giving now. When this fight was announced it was much closer but the money came pouring in on Lesnar and now it's almost ridiculous.

I think this fight is a tossup. I agree that Carwin has superior technical standup and he might even have the wrestling chops to keep the fight standing (I also think Brocks wrestling is slightly overrated because he's so big, his technique isn't that phenomenal). I also agree however that Carwin is going to have trouble with Brocks freakish reach. I definetly think this one ends quick with a KO or TKO in the first.

Who ends up on their back though is anybodys guess.

Post #19   10/8/09 10:04:05PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2