Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The Ramifications of DREAM.11

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Last night, DREAM returned to primetime on the Tokyo Broadcasting System for the first time since May. Following the show, event producer Keiichi Sasahara remarked that he was "expecting a good TV rating," and today it looks like he was right.

Via Tony Loiseleur:

Sasahara reporting that last night's rating for Dream 11 on TBS was 12.7%, clocking in at no.2-most watched show during the primetime slot.

CONTINUED...

Post #1   10/7/09 9:21:24AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
that is refreshing to hear. the Japanese and their affinity for the Super Hulk match lol. but in all seriousness this is a great sine for the health of global MMA and shows Dream has some real lasting power

Post #2   10/7/09 11:21:56AM   

SpiderSilva

Spiderweidman

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,760-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I hope it got good ratings cause it was a hell of a show

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #3   10/7/09 1:24:34PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
Thank god. I really hope Japanese MMA can continue to thrive and support two major organizations in DREAM and Sengoku. The two seem to compliment each other perfectly and could form a mutually beneficial "rivalry" that could stoke the fires of Japanese MMA for years to come.

Plus, as long as Japanese MMA lives on we will always have an outlet for a good old fashioned freak fight. Which, I would argue, is a cornerstone of MMA and though it may seem asinine to watch a 7'2" korean guy fight Jose Canseco, it's certainly entertaining. The freak fight must never be allowed to vanish from MMA entirely and Japan provides the safest haven for MMA's guilty pleasure.

Post #4   10/7/09 9:19:27PM