Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Paul 'Semtex' Daley: 'Jealous Mike Swick will fade away after UFC 105 beatdown'

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
“I won’t be fighting at UFC 105, but I will be there meeting the fans and sitting down with some popcorn to see Dan (Hardy) butcher (Mike) Swick. [He's] been bashing me for some reason, I don’t know why, ripping on my record and things like that. All I did was accept a fight he’d pulled out of but he seems to have a problem with me. He said I am big headed, but I have gone out of my way to be humble in the UFC. After the fight I didn’t jump around or nothing or shoot my mouth. I think Swick is jealous because he pulled out of the Kampmann fight and would never have done that if it were him in there and not me. I’ve got eight losses — so what? I’ve fought literally twice as many people as he has and I have fought better opposition than he has. His best win was against Marcus Davis and Dan beat Marcus much worse than he did with lay and pray. Dan is going to get rid of Swick in Manchester next month. You won’t hear too much about him after UFC 105.”

Suddenly relevant welterweight striker Paul Daley reacts to some recent Swick-talk regarding his win over Martin Kampmann at UFC 103 last month in Dallas.

Link

Post #1   10/5/09 10:35:28AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Semtex sounds pissed!!!!

Post #2   10/5/09 11:45:21AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,340-1,374
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I am a big fan of Hardy but hes got his work cut out for him here. If he can beat Swick then he deserves a shot at GSP for sure but I dont see that happening. Hardy will want to stand, Swick will take him down and Swick will win by decision.

Post #3   10/5/09 11:45:42AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

I am a big fan of Hardy but hes got his work cut out for him here. If he can beat Swick then he deserves a shot at GSP for sure but I dont see that happening. Hardy will want to stand, Swick will take him down and Swick will win by decision.

I don't think Hardy would deserve a shot at the belt by beating Swick...And I don't think Swick should get a title chance if he beats Hardy. These guys have not beat the other best fighters in the division.

They haven't proven themselves to be worthy of a title shot. I think the legitimacy of the sport gets hurt when guys who didn't earn a title shot are granted the opportunity.

Post #4   10/5/09 12:13:53PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I hope Hardy comes out with a win. I am tired of Swick.

Post #5   10/5/09 12:14:49PM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
I reckon Swick will KO Hardy and earn his rightful shot. Hardy has not earned his way into contention yet, I don't even think he is deserving of a fight with someone as highly ranked as Swick.

Post #6   10/5/09 12:56:14PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I'd be surprised to see Hardy beat Swick, but I wouldn't be altogether displeased. I like both guys. Swick has fast hands and lots of reach, thoguh...

Post #7   10/5/09 1:04:23PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
As much as I like Swick and the rest of AKA, they have been talking mad noise lately.

Post #8   10/5/09 1:25:08PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,509-1,360
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I kinda get what Swick is saying, although I am a huge Daley fan.

Swick has more than paid his dues in the UFC, being 9-1 with the organization....granted as Daley stated his biggest win was Marcus Davis, Swick is still at the top of the ladder as far as contendership goes.

And quite honestly, if Swick fights Hardy the way he fought Davis, he could come away with a UD/SD. I think Daley is more or less trying to bait Swick into a fight as Swick would be another good matchup for Daley, a striker who doesn't have the best technical skills, but will go in there and throw down.

I think Daley would KO Swick worse than Kampmann b/c Swick throws punches with his chin up. Although, at the same time Swick is a smarter fighter than Kampmann and would probably just drag Semtex to the ground and control him there for 3 rounds. Interesting matchups all around.

Post #9   10/5/09 3:15:41PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,762-939
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Hitman's takedowns in the Semtex fight were garbage.

Swick would beat Semtex I think, and I don't see Dan Hardy defeating Swick either...

I would be careful if I was Swick though, Dan Hardy has some power in his hands

Regardless of who wins though, they'd all get destroyed by GSP...

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #10   10/5/09 3:46:30PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I am going for Swick, I think Swick will win and I do like the idea of St Pierre against Swick I also think St Pierre against hardy is good though as well, but either way St Pierre wrestles both to victory a dec over Swick and a Submission win over Hardy

Post #11   10/5/09 4:02:19PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,340-1,374
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I don't think Hardy would deserve a shot at the belt by beating Swick...And I don't think Swick should get a title chance if he beats Hardy. These guys have not beat the other best fighters in the division.

They haven't proven themselves to be worthy of a title shot. I think the legitimacy of the sport gets hurt when guys who didn't earn a title shot are granted the opportunity.

I know what you are saying here but the truth is, the best in the dividion would be Alves, Fitch and Koscheck and it seems that the UFC wants to avoid setting up a rematch with any of these guys against GSP so they are looking for new blood and a fresh main event which should be one of these two if that is their strategy. Otherwise setting either of these guys up with any of the elite would knock these two down a couple steps and if no eventual rematches are being planned then GSP wont be fighting for a long time.

Post #12   10/5/09 4:33:23PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i don't see why swick is jealous
if he wanted to the ufc could have handed him the gsp fight
but now he wanted to fight, they gave him hardy
crazy fight but hardy is not ready even if he beats swick
hardy won't beat gsp not even close

Post #13   10/5/09 5:47:12PM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:
IMO neither guys deserve a title shot unless the winner faces KOS or Fitch int Hardy's case and Thiago Alves in Swick's case. Fitch and Alves are at the top of the ladder but they will not receive another title shot so the 170 lbs division is really lacking new contenders but who is there to challenge GSP.

Post #14   10/6/09 7:30:16AM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
Daley's mouth is startin to run a little too much who did he beat besides kampmann... ?...?... Callin out hughes then talkin all this crap about swick he talks a big game for someone who cant do anything on the ground. He has a bright future if he can learn his ground game but until then stop runnin your mouth and work your way up through the division.

Semtex next fight should be against anthony rumble johnson

Post #15   10/6/09 4:28:20PM