Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

DREAM 11 Thoughts

Print  
Posted By Message

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,662-1,458
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dont know about you guys, but I'll definately be watching this tuesday morning. It airs at 7 a.m. instead of the usual 3 a.m, and may be the last DREAM event we see in a ring The card has lost a couple key fights but with 2 GP finals and a title fight, im not complaining. I like:

-Aoki by sub in the first. He's been alot more active, and as long as he fights a smart fight and gets this to the ground quickly I have no doubt he'll take the rubber match in this very exciting trilogy.

-FW GP: I think Warren and Takeya will take convincing decisions. Warren's wrestling is too good to get taken down by Bibi, and I think he should beat him up standing. Tokoro tends to oblige good strikers on the feet instead of taking it to the ground where he has the advantage, so I think Takeya will also deliver a thorough beating on him. As for the final, I think it is Joe Warren's tournament to lose. He's had the hardest road to the finals (Beebe, Kid Yamamoto, and now Fernandes) imo, especially for a debuting fighter, and I think has the skills to be one of the best at 145.
-DJ tiaki should take his reserve fight by decision as well imo, he actually should still be in the tournament by rights and Miyata doesnt look the greatest.

-SH GP: I like Minowaman by some crazy leglock in the first. I dont think HMC has ever looked very good and Minowa has shown he can handle the big men in the past, like Sapp. Speaking of Sapp, I think he's getting KO'd by Sokoudjou, also in the first. Like HMC, I dont think he's ever been very impressive and a guy with Thierry's power is going to absolutely crush him. I would put my money on Sokoudjou to take the whole thing if he can avoid a Minowa sub and put him to sleep, but who knows with this tournament.

-Kawijiri by tko in the first. Dont really know the guy he's fighting or understand this match up very much at all, but I think Crusher is going to kill him.

-Just heard today that Sakuraba has been announced for this card as well. Dont know who he's fighting, but I think we can bet that with Saku it will be interesting.

Thoughts?

Post #1   10/3/09 9:08:49PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:

and may be the last DREAM event we see in a ring

It won't. You must've missed where they said the hex 2.0 would only be something like once a year.

Post #2   10/3/09 9:29:39PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,670-1,435
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't like Dj Taiki against Miyata's olympic level wrestling, He along with guys like Lawal and gsp have the best wrestling in mma. Don't let him record fool you. The x factor in the Bibi vs Warren fight is Joe's suprisingly good boxing. Good luck with your picks.

Post #3   10/3/09 9:35:16PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,413-1,434
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Where can I catch this on the net? Ill be up bright and early at 7 am to watch it with ya.

Post #4   10/3/09 11:13:31PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:

It should be on MMAturf or one of the usual sites.

Post #5   10/4/09 9:14:51AM   

hotrodttt

hotrodttt Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Where can I catch this on the net? Ill be up bright and early at 7 am to watch it with ya.

I'll send you the link, mma stream always has it on justin-tv

Post #6   10/4/09 11:42:04AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

I don't like Dj Taiki against Miyata's olympic level wrestling, He along with guys like Lawal and gsp have the best wrestling in mma. Don't let him record fool you. The x factor in the Bibi vs Warren fight is Joe's suprisingly good boxing. Good luck with your picks.

Thanks, you too. I agree about Joe's boxing. And while I agree Miyata's wrestling may be the difference in this fight, it hasnt seemed to help him that much thus far in his career? It should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Posted by DCRage

and may be the last DREAM event we see in a ring

It won't. You must've missed where they said the hex 2.0 would only be something like once a year.

Ya I did, thanks for the info

Justintv is usually pretty reliable for streams Wallass, I'd start there.

Boxer Rubin Williams has been announced as Saku's opponent. If it was anyone besides Sakuraba, I might be surprised by that. Rubin will probably bring some good power to this match, but Im takin Saku by 1st rd sub based on the fact that as soon as it hits the mat, its over.

Last edited 10/4/09 1:38PM server time by Franklinfan47
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #7   10/4/09 1:18:39PM   

mrhighway9

Learning to Sprawl

mrhighway9 Avatar

Career:47-27
Camp: Grande Cajones Fight Camp
Chips:
i'm stoked to see sakuraba come out on this card.this guy really needs a win.war saku

Post #8   10/4/09 3:24:12PM   

hotrodttt

hotrodttt Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by hotrodttt

Thanks, you too. I agree about Joe's boxing. And while I agree Miyata's wrestling may be the difference in this fight, it hasnt seemed to help him that much thus far in his career? It should be interesting to see how this plays out.

You gotta look at his losses though my man, all of his losses are to guys with either elite level bjj guys or Top 10 fighters.

Post #9   10/4/09 8:21:42PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
War Saku and Soku!!

Post #10   10/4/09 9:09:44PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt
You gotta look at his losses though my man, all of his losses are to guys with either elite level bjj guys or Top 10 fighters.

Well called Besides this, the only fight that really surprised me was Bibiano vs Warren. Warren didn't tap, but I dont think he was getting out of that armbar. Bibiano showed that he's a beast today, but hopefully Joe works on his jj defense at Team Quest and gets a rematch eventually.

Personally, I thought Streetfight Bancho stole the show. The dark horse of the tournament reaches the finals and puts on two absolute wars in one night. I've definately become a fan A heartbreaking loss too because I felt it could easily have gone either way.

Minowaman! What a showman. I hope he wins the SH tourney, I really do. Sokoudjou has been acting like a douche in the ring with his uneccessary shots.

I also thought Aoki looked really good, a nice sub victory there over hellboy. The only thing that irritates me about him is his acting when he's hurt and his crying. Man up boy!

All in all, a really fun and entertaining show.

Post #11   10/6/09 7:58:06PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Michael Schiavello makes me want to pour hot candle wax into my ears.

If I hear this guy say "day boo" "schnoggin cracker" or make any more ridiculous similes and homo-erotic comments about how sexy the fighters are I'm going to lose it.

Who strapped a headset onto this douchebag? This is not someone who should be talking into a microphone for a living.

Post #12   10/10/09 12:08:58AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
oh, I also slowed down the Warren armbar to 1 frame per second and he did tap twice with his fingers. Whether that constitutes a tap or not according to the fine print I'm not sure, I think technically it's supposed to be 3, but he wasn't getting out of that armbar anyways IMO.

Post #13   10/10/09 12:13:56AM