Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Forrest on run from cage : " truth is ......................

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:

“That’s dumb. [People who criticized me leaving the cage] are idiots. Why? Nobody cares. I mean, I don’t think the losers were going to speak that night anyway, you know. Just get on with the next fight already. This guy actually asked me a good question the other day, and this is a real story and I really like it: first off, he was very confrontational; I didn’t like him much to begin with, and he goes, ‘Hey, man, I have to know,’ because it’s his business to know, ‘why did you run out of the cage that night after the Silva fight?’ And I said, ‘Look, man, I haven’t told anybody, let’s keep this on the down low.......
source

Last edited 10/3/09 4:22PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #1   10/3/09 3:42:49PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,340-1,374
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Wow, Forrest lost the little amount of respect I had left for him. Maybe cause leaving like that shows little class, I hate to use him as an example but even BJ, when he lost to GSP the 2nd time didnt leave like that and he and GSP hate one another. If people ask you questions about things that happened and your offended then I guess you cant deal with the criticism that comes with being a big fighter.

Post #2   10/3/09 3:50:18PM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Win like a man and lose like a man. I like forrest but i think running out of the cage was a bit much and if you dont want people asking stupid questions then dont do something stupid like run out of the cage when you lose. Just my opinion.

Post #3   10/3/09 3:55:46PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Wow, Forrest has to resort to mom jokes. He is really taking this loss hard. I know he's probably been getting that question a lot but c'mon. I think it is disrespecting your opponent when you run out of the cage. Take the loss like a man and stay in the cage, everyone else does. I don't know if was confirmed but did he break his jaw and that's why he ran out?

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #4   10/3/09 3:56:32PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I guess the pressure has been too much for Forrest.
From TUF to fighting in the UFC, Forrest has had a lot of pressure bestowed upon him.

It's gotta be hard to lose a fight like that,but every fighter risk that chance when they step in the cage to fight.Especialy when your fighting arguably the P4P king of the sport.
I say the guy probably needs a much needed break and time away from the game.
If he took that loss that hard,then possibly losing another may make things worse.

Last edited 10/3/09 4:04PM server time by mrsmiley

Post #5   10/3/09 4:02:46PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Wow, Forrest lost the little amount of respect I had left for him. Maybe cause leaving like that shows little class, I hate to use him as an example but even BJ, when he lost to GSP the 2nd time didnt leave like that and he and GSP hate one another. If people ask you questions about things that happened and your offended then I guess you cant deal with the criticism that comes with being a big fighter.

can't say it too much better than this

Forrest...what happened to you man?

Post #6   10/3/09 4:20:02PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
In case anyone wants to do, I edited the title and some of the post. All that is on the front page of the website. Not cool

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #7   10/3/09 4:23:11PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
I'm sure after just getting your ass kicked in exactly the same fashion you said you were going to dish it out, only better, and all the adrenalline pumping as you're getting emotional in front of millions of people, the last thing that's going to be on your mind is rationalizing whether running from the cage is going to be seen as disrespectful.

Give a guy a break, when BJ was licking blood off his gloves for the first time in celebration no one said, "hey that's not rational!" we just enjoyed what a fine adrenaline pump can do.

So when it comes to Sherk or Forrest running from the cage, just remember BJ Penn is a sick vampire lol.

And as far as the comment goes, Rampage stayed up for 3 days praying to Jesus all hopped up on Monster and then rear ended some pregnant chicks car with her in it. So it's obviously not the worst we've seen. I've never been a huge fan, but he's factually a standup guy.

Last edited 10/3/09 4:30PM server time by seanfu

Post #8   10/3/09 4:25:50PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Forrest is an emotional dude, I say give him a break. He was embarrassed, and its not like the first time he's ran out. I think people are beating this thing to death and I'd imagine Forrest feels like choking every moron that keeps bringing this up.....seriously who cares. ...and Bj couldn't run anywhere even if he had wanted to he was so gassed....he couldn't even stand up straight

Post #9   10/3/09 4:35:25PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Chips:
forrest is too emotional, he wins everything is good he loses he cries like a baby and runs
that ain't a fighter, he is gonna have to take critism like every other fighter and man up

i hope he wins his next fight but the way he is going joe silva you better schedule griffin vs bonner rematch again or even jardine

Post #10   10/3/09 4:39:16PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:
to come to the sudden realization, that no matter what you do, you will never succeed at your biggest dream? in front of millions of people?

a lot of you guys would act like in someway you're not proud of.

Last edited 10/3/09 5:59PM server time by mikevolz

Post #11   10/3/09 5:59:22PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by mikevolz

to come to the sudden realization, that no matter what you do, you will never succeed at your biggest dream? in front of millions of people?

a lot of you guys would act like in someway you're not proud of.

that still isn't an excuse

Post #12   10/3/09 6:05:26PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Forrest just needs to set his sliders a little less toward damage and a little more to counter. God knows the clinch spamming tactic wouldn't work on Silva, he's at least proficiant. Hahaha. Please let there be someone that gets this.

Last edited 10/3/09 6:34PM server time by seanfu

Post #13   10/3/09 6:32:07PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,496-1,195
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Forrest just needs to set his sliders a little less toward damage and a little more to counter. God knows the clinch spamming tactic wouldn't work on Silva, he's at least proficiant. Hahaha. Please let there be someone that gets this.

Oh we get it.

Post #14   10/3/09 7:02:03PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Wow, Forrest has to resort to mom jokes. He is really taking this loss hard. I know he's probably been getting that question a lot but c'mon. I think it is disrespecting your opponent when you run out of the cage. Take the loss like a man and stay in the cage, everyone else does. I don't know if was confirmed but did he break his jaw and that's why he ran out?

That was the initial report. It turned out to be a false rumor spread to save his image. It explained why he got knocked out so easily and why he left so quickly. Turns out anderson is just that good.

I really like forrest and I hate to see him in this kind of mental state. He's obviously not handling it well but who are we to judge? Unless you are a fighter you have no idea how you would react in that same situation. Give the guy a break and drop it already. I hope he comes back strong and makes a show against his next opponent.

Post #15   10/3/09 7:22:22PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3