Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

WEC "Definitely" Doing PPV In 2010

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I freakin love the WEC. Most of the times the cards are more exciting than UFC cards IMO. Would I pay for it? Not likely. I'm only likely to pay for a PPV fight if friends are willing to come over and watch it as a group. What am I going to do... sit there on the couch by myself paying $40 for a WEC event? Not likely to happen.

The names just aren't big enough in the grand scheme of things. Honestly what have we seen done to push any of the great WEC fighters' names? Most of what you see is mentioned on Vs., or occasionally on a UFC PPV. They need to bring it to Spike or some other popular channel before they make the jump to PPV. Otherwise it just won't work. Same reason why Hockey on Vs. Network is a giant failure.

ahhh, tried to give you props but have to spread the love, shouldnt really make a post about it but I cant help it if certain members are, more informed, better spoken, just flat out better posters than others,

no props but much respect from me for your insight, if it wasnt for that damn "spread the love" garbage you would probably have 2000 props.

WAR JACKELOPE!!

off topic, it's all about you brother, puff that chest out and take a little pride in what you do.

EDIT: My avatar describes me perfect for when I cant give props.

Last edited 10/2/09 6:12PM server time by scobac
Edit note/reason: n/a

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #16   10/2/09 6:10:22PM   

xtra_chewy

Standup Guy

xtra_chewy Avatar

Career:3,806-2,064
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Would I pay $44.95? Not a chance.

Would I pay, say, $19.95? Possibly.

Do I think this will be a success? Meh. I don't think so.

I'm sure everyone else does too...

Post #17   10/2/09 6:35:43PM   

bootyclause

MMA Regular

Career:1,044-777
Chips:
i might pay 20 to see Brown, Aldo, Torres, Faber, maybe a few others.

The thing is that it might not have to get big numbers to be worthwhile for them. Versus might not be paying them much of anything right now. King of the Cage is regularly on PPV, it must work for them. Low level boxing, obscure international soccer, and other sports are on PPV at times - its a niche market but it must be worthwhile for them to do it. As long as the costs are low it can be profitable. Even if WEC gets 10,000 PPV buys it seems horrible but maybe that is still more than the money they make by having it on VS.

Pride was on PPV and they were not getting more than 50k buys per event at equal pricing to UFC. MMA has grown a bit over the last 3 years and they could price the event half as much as UFC. It could easily get 50k buys at 25 bucks a pop. That might be a good payday for them.

Post #18   10/3/09 11:22:49AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2