Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White Delivers for NYC Fans, Talks 'TUF' Superfight and Respecting Kimbo

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Late Monday night, Dana White tweeted that he would be handing out free tickets to UFC 104 at a Pinkberry in midtown Manhattan. Several minutes before his expected arrival, I decided to check out the scene, fully expecting there to be 10 to 15 people hanging outside. Not so.

When I arrived there were at least 50 people anxiously waiting for White, and when he showed up 30 minutes later, there were at least 100 people outside, along with two police officers. Without hesitation, White promised every single person there a free ticket to UFC 104 in Los Angeles. FanHouse then briefly spoke to White while he was enjoying his frozen yogurt about Wednesday's much-anticipated edition of The Ultimate Fighter featuring Kimbo Slice vs. Roy Nelson. The interview is below.

STORY

Post #1   9/29/09 2:26:47PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,202-1,233
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The hype machine, again, is pretty fascinating to me. It either all makes sense because Kimbo wins, or it's all a bust, because he loses.

I take that back, I'm not sure how much sense it makes if he beats Big Roy. I still don't expect him to win the whole thing. Which makes this just pure hype.

Last edited 9/29/09 2:36PM server time by scoozna
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   9/29/09 2:36:30PM