Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Hardy and Mike Swick On the Same Page

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,441-1,461
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
“I like Mike, he’s a top bloke. We did a PR tour of Germany together earlier in the year and we got on very well. He’s a fun guy, good company and I really respect him for all the charity work he does with the Troops. It was funny, we kept joking that we were hanging out, playing X-Box, watching movies and stuff on this tour bus together in Germany for a week and yet would probably be fighting each other someday. That day is about five weeks away now, and I am sorry, Mike, but I’m still going to deliver one hell of a beating at UFC 105 — the kind of beating which will be very uncomfortable viewing for every other welterweight in the UFC. Mike’s been around for longer than I have in the UFC, but his best win is over Marcus Davis, like with me, but even though he got a unanimous decision I feel I beat Marcus worse than he did.”

Link

Post #1   9/29/09 12:28:28PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,361-1,383
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
This is going to be AWESOME! I am so pumped for this one. I'd really like Hardy to Knockout Swick but can't see it happening. Im going to say Swick by Split Decision. Hardy will have a lot of the crowd on his side but I still see Swick walking away wit the win.

Post #2   9/29/09 12:51:05PM   

Hideous

Learning to Sprawl

Career:229-178
Chips:
I dont think there will be one englishman cheering for Swick mate. I would say the entire crowd would be behind Dan.
Dan by KO 2 nd round

Post #3   9/29/09 2:39:31PM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,752-1,236
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:
I think again everyone is starting to underestimate Dan Hardy. This is going to be a lot closer than people think. If Swick doesn't do the job in the first then Hardy will take him by TKO or decision.

Post #4   9/29/09 2:40:34PM   

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:
I think Swick is actually pretty underrated because of his first two fights at the new weight. His fight against Saunders probably would've been more exciting and definitive of his ability had Ben not held onto him for so long and actually engaged with him on the ground. I was not too impressed with Hardy in his fight against Davis, but was interested to see how he would do against a tough guy like Marcus. Just cause you look great against chumps doesn't mean you are any good. But Hardy seems like he brings it every fight, which is an awesome trait for any fighter.

Swick via TKO 2nd round.

Post #5   9/29/09 2:51:45PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,335-1,232
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm pumped for this fight. It's going to be a hard one to pick for me, though.

Brain: "Swick."
Heart: "Hardy."

Post #6   9/29/09 2:55:25PM