Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mike Swick Says AKA Fighters Aren't Done Calling Out Matt Hughes

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,550-1,521
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
While a concussion sustained in training cost him a chance to fight Martin Kampmann to determine the UFC’s top welterweight contender, Mike Swick didn’t have to wait long for another fight offer to come his way. The AKA product has agreed to face Dan Hardy at UFC 105 in Manchester, England on November 14, and the winner will likely get the next shot at Georges St. Pierre’s title. We called up Swick to discuss the news, and to ask him some other pressing questions, like, what’s up with AKA fighters and their fixation on calling out Matt Hughes? As usual, Swick did not disappoint.

Link

Post #1   9/29/09 12:20:26PM   

1daveufc

Standup Guy

1daveufc Avatar

Career:612-433
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Thats a good read a tryed to prop you but av got to share the love.al try again later.

Post #2   9/29/09 1:32:54PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
I really don't understand why Hughes is so against fighting the AKA boys. If he wants to get back to a shot at the 170 title again, he'll have to fight somone like fitch, kos or swick eventually. I think out of all 3 of them, he'd have the best chance to beat swick. He doesn't really match up well against any of them though, and maybe that's why he's sidestepping them, cause he knows he'd likely lose. But as a fan, I'd like to see him against one of them. Kind of an old school vs new breed thing, which is always fun to watch.

Post #3   9/29/09 2:11:51PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,675-1,417
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
watch to see fitch call him out if he wins in nov

hughes needs to step up and face them

Post #4   9/29/09 9:08:08PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,824-1,783
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Hughes wants to secure his place in the minds of all his fans as the guy who was and possibly could've again been the most dominate WW in UFC history. With Hughes's ego and facing retirement I don't think he would take those fights because he has a big chance in leaving the MMA game on a Loss.

Post #5   9/29/09 10:49:03PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
imo the AKA boys can keep quiet about Hughes until they stop harping on about not fighting each other. A true UFC champ will fight anyone, but for as long as they are not fighting and losing to each other then they can retain the illusion that all 3 of them are the elite. I think Hardy will beat Swick to be fair but don't think he would beat Fitch and Hardy Vs Kos would be close.

Post #6   9/30/09 3:48:02PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,449-799
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

imo the AKA boys can keep quiet about Hughes until they stop harping on about not fighting each other. A true UFC champ will fight anyone, but for as long as they are not fighting and losing to each other then they can retain the illusion that all 3 of them are the elite. I think Hardy will beat Swick to be fair but don't think he would beat Fitch and Hardy Vs Kos would be close.

I agree they shouldn't be calling out Hughes when the are refusing fights themselves. Either fight each other or shut up its that easy. I'm sick of fighters refusing to fight because they are friends or train together and then go out and call out other fighters.

Post #7   9/30/09 4:41:22PM