Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

With or Without UFC, Roger Huerta Ready for Next Chapter of Life

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,336-1,398
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
As Maynard applied more torque to the hold and rotated Huerta's shoulder behind him at a disturbing angle, referee Dan Miragliotta stood watch, ready for a tapout that seemed immiment. After bending Huerta's arm about as far as the human appendage can go, Maynard told Miragliotta, "I'm breaking it!" Huerta, who could say nothing because Maynard had his leg covering his mouth, shook his head, telling Miragliotta not to stop the fight. Eventually, Huerta worked his way out.

"Maybe it was just the adrenaline, or maybe it was God protecting my arm," said Huerta, who suffered only a strained shoulder and elbow and was back working out within days. "I'll tell you this much: When he did start cranking it, I said, 'If it goes, it goes.' Even if it did break, I wouldn't tap. I thought, 'I'm not tapping. I'm finishing this fight.'

Link

Post #1   9/29/09 12:15:55PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
the ufc will resign him, why woulldn't they.
I say a rematch between him and Melvin Guillard should be next for both of them

Post #2   9/29/09 11:20:35PM