Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

how long will Machida vs Shogun last

Print  
what round dose Machida vs Shogun end in
1 11 13%
2 27 32%
3 26 31%
4 8 9%
5 0 0%
Decision 13 15%
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

busta23

Learning to Sprawl

busta23 Avatar

Career:599-355
Camp: Australian Top Team
Chips:
I really dont think thats Machidas cardio has been tested. Yeah he can circle someone for 3 rounds but can he go the distance with the pace being pushed on him...

Shogun at 100% will do this. Though he probably lacks the technical skills he makes up for this with his ruthless aggression..

I still dont think a 100% Shogun will be able to chase Machida for the 5 rounds. This would be hard enough for the best cardio freaks let alone one whos trying to get his back.
I just dont want another whitewash
I take Machida in war in the 3rd by TKO stoppage

Post #31   10/8/09 5:43:47AM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
i believe that if shogun fights like himself and is kinda wild-ish and un predictable. i think it will be a back and forth untile a decision

Post #32   10/8/09 8:11:24AM   

busta23

Learning to Sprawl

busta23 Avatar

Career:599-355
Camp: Australian Top Team
Chips:
If he really fights like himself I dont think he'll be able to last the five rounds...
Im thinkin if anything we might actually see machida get hurt then maybe submitted

Post #33   10/8/09 8:14:23AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,358-751
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Shogun is a great fighter and history shows he has a solid chin. But history also showed Thiago Silva and Rashad Evans had solid chins. I don't think we will ever see him back the way he was in Pride. Now to think Shogun cant be TKO/KO by Machdia is little crazy. Machdia has shown us he is able to stop almost anyone. Whats makes Machdia so good is his speed, footwork, and ability to judge distance.

If Shogun does win it will most likely be from using his clinch work and MT skills. But I feel this fight will end in the 2nd with Shogun over extending himself and getting caught. Shogun's aggression has gotten him the win many times but against Machida it will be his down fall.

Post #34   10/8/09 3:13:11PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I think the answer depends on how much of the fight is standing and how much is on the ground.

If most of of it is on the ground I see it going to UD, but like most other title fights, if it stays standing it will end within 3 rounds.

Machida is the safe pick, but this fight is totally winable for Shogun, much more winnable than the picks on this site suggest.

Post #35   10/8/09 3:19:50PM   

nbf

Learning to Sprawl

nbf Avatar

Career:492-347
Camp: FSC MMA Fight Camp
Chips:
Well as I said before the Nog vs Randy fight it all depends on the Nog's health and stamina and this time I'll predict the same. Shogun is much more talented fighter than Machida and was tested many times in PrideFC. This is the first time Machida will be tested and i dont think he will make it. I don't see how could he, any talented fighter looks good fighting bums. To sum up its all up to Shogun's health and stamina!

Post #36   10/10/09 3:34:56PM   

Post_Oakley

Learning to Sprawl

Post_Oakley Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by nbf

Well as I said before the Nog vs Randy fight it all depends on the Nog's health and stamina and this time I'll predict the same. Shogun is much more talented fighter than Machida and was tested many times in PrideFC. This is the first time Machida will be tested and i dont think he will make it. I don't see how could he, any talented fighter looks good fighting bums. To sum up its all up to Shogun's health and stamina!

machida hasnt been tested??

theres a reason hes the lhw champ right now.

Post #37   10/10/09 3:40:36PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

2 ROUNDS!!!! SHOGUN KO!!!

I think Shogun will dare I say it, FRUSTRATE Machida!!!! I think he'll stay in his face like the Shogun of Old and Pride with aggression. I think he'll stay in his face keeping the pressure on. I just think Machida will rather push Shogun away then make him pay but drilling him with shots close because Machida's defense IS NOT TECHNICAL, is so bad technique wise just because it really has nothing to do with covering up or blocking, its just about circling and moving with his feet to get out of the way. Hes just so fast and elusive and nobody really just takes it too him that aggressively since he always makes them pay dearly whenever they even come close to trying so they don't keep trying but Shogun is so fearless and never stops coming. His chin and head stays up so I believe if Shogun stays in his face, relentless like the Shogun in pride and lets his strikes go, he can eventually hit machida atleast once while hes throwing combos and maybe tag him and drop him because Machida chin has still yet to be hit hard and tested so Shogun could do that. I dont know, Shoguns just so well rounded and with the return of the old Shogun, Its hard to see him losing since he's pretty good on the ground and so vicious on the feet. I mean I rather take the chance the old Shogun is back rather then bet on a lesser Shogun being there because this is the biggest fight of his career and I bet you hes going all out to train so I think we'll see some of the best out of him and I think the best out of him can do enough to dethrone Machida.

Hears to praying that, that made sense and Shogun actually does it!

Anythings possible but its HIGHLY doubtful

Post #38   10/10/09 4:04:23PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,447-862
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Post_Oakley

Posted by nbf

machida hasnt been tested??

theres a reason hes the lhw champ right now.

Machida hasn't been tested because no one is a test for him!

Post #39   10/10/09 5:15:12PM   

ry_dawg63

MMA Regular

ry_dawg63 Avatar

Career:573-373
Chips:
im going to go a head and say SHOGUN by KO OR TKO in the first!! Someones got to land a good punch on Machida's chin when he keeps it up in the air the way he does. And though he does have awesome movement, he's just begging to get caught.

Post #40   10/18/09 2:25:08AM   

Retzilience

Learning to Sprawl

Career:40-30
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by jocka

Not trying to be an A-hole but i would be curious to see how you can guarantee that Machida will not KO or TKO Shogun. My guess is that Machida will stop Shogun on the feet.

Though I personally wouldn't go so far as to "guarantee" anything, I'd say history shows that Shogun won't get KO'd or TKO'd. If past performances are any indication (he's never been KO'd or TKO'd).

Neither did Rashad.

Post #41   10/19/09 10:44:06AM   

nbf

Learning to Sprawl

nbf Avatar

Career:492-347
Camp: FSC MMA Fight Camp
Chips:
Yet another interview with Shougn:

http://mmamania.com/2009/10/18/best-of-the-best-shogun-rua-ufc-104-interview-exclusive-with-mmamania-com

Last edited 10/19/09 10:56AM server time by nbf
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #42   10/19/09 10:55:47AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3