Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

how long will Machida vs Shogun last

Print  
what round dose Machida vs Shogun end in
1 11 13%
2 27 32%
3 26 31%
4 8 9%
5 0 0%
Decision 13 15%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Machida is going to come out feel Shogun out a bit find his range and take him out late 1st early 2nd. WAR MACHIDA!!!!

Last edited 9/29/09 6:08PM server time by BustedKnuckle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   9/29/09 6:08:25PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,370-793
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
This has been my dream fight for a long time . My favorite fighter has been Shogun for a long time . I think Machida is faster , stronger , and technically a better fighter , with more stamina , and a better chin . Having said all that , Shogun only has problems with strong grapplers and stamina . I see this match being mostly about feeling out , I think the first round is all feeling out with Machida the aggressor early with Shogun countering to the legs and Machida eventually taking Shogun down and winning the first round . I think Shogun starts slow again , Machida flips that front kick to the leg and attempts that switch kick but Shogun times it and gets the takedown , and finishes him with with a series of hammerfists . If anybody has noticed he is starting to stalk more , Shogun has the necessary tools to counter Machida and I think Machida finally makes a mistake .

Post #17   9/29/09 8:30:59PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i think old shogun will show up they will fight for a few rounds and shogun will gas and get dropped in the later rounds no way this goes to a decsion

Post #18   9/29/09 9:13:10PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

Machida will NOT stop Shogun with standing strikes or even ground strikes for that matter, if he stops him its by sub via possible gassing, that much I can guarentee.

I favor Machida 60/40, but by decision and he hasnt fought anyone as good as Shogun. Rashad would most likely get KO'd by Shogun just like Rampage did only way worse because even though theyre not that similar, the chin difference between Rashad and Rampage is very noticeable. Its freakin crazy to see ppl think Rashad, Tito and Thiago Silva had better shots at Machida than the other best LHW there is besides Machida in Shogun. They're probably still questioning his cardio and the health of his knees, aka "hes sucked since he couldnt roid" or just general disregard of how serious reconstructing both your knees are.

If you dont see Shogun showing up at 100% you're sadly mistaken, this fight will be amazing.

Rashad would beat Shogun...nuff said.

Post #19   9/30/09 12:43:43AM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

Machida will NOT stop Shogun with standing strikes or even ground strikes for that matter, if he stops him its by sub via possible gassing, that much I can guarentee.

If you dont see Shogun showing up at 100% you're sadly mistaken, this fight will be amazing.

i agree with the above

Post #20   9/30/09 2:14:36AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Rashad would beat Shogun...nuff said.

Bold prediction from a cherrypicker

Post #21   9/30/09 3:44:01AM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I'm thinking Machida will finish it but sub when shogun starts to gas and goes for a sloppy takedown and ends up in something he just doesnt have the energy to get out of

Post #22   9/30/09 12:27:53PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

First ko's happen, just cuz noone's done it yet doesn't mean Machida can't.

Machida by KO rd 3 is my guess. If the prime Shogun shows up that is. If he doesn't show up in top shape he won't last that long. Shogun is one of my all time fav's and his run in the GP was incredible, he was absolutely the best at 205 at that time, but the sport is always progressing. Machida now is better than Shogun was then.

Just cus no ones done it yet dosnt mean Shogun cant either

EDIT: p/s just in case youre going to reply, i favor machida

Last edited 9/30/09 9:32PM server time by EvenFlow

Post #23   9/30/09 9:26:00PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
The old Shogun may be back, but does it really matter? Machida is a far better striker than Rua ever was.

Post #24   10/1/09 1:01:13AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

Just cus no ones done it yet dosnt mean Shogun cant either

EDIT: p/s just in case youre going to reply, i favor machida

Bingo.

Let's say Shogun *does* win, whether it be by submission or KO or whatever...

I'm wondering how long after the fight it will take for the following topics/threads to show up...

"Machida needs to retire!"
"Machida is overrated!"
"Machida has a glass jaw!"
"Shogun can not be stopped!"

Post #25   10/1/09 9:43:45AM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:

Posted by emfleek
I'm wondering how long after the fight it will take for the following topics/threads to show up...

"Machida needs to retire!"

Post #26   10/1/09 11:20:35AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,370-793
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
iI'm a big Shogun fan , I think his victory over Rampage was probably a fluke , but you can't dismiss his ability to finish a fight when the opportunity comes . If he can go out and fight boring , I think he'll catch Machida . I don't think anybody thought Shogun was unbeatable after Babalu .

Post #27   10/3/09 10:12:36PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:
I think Shogun gasses in round 3 and Machida capitalizes.

Post #28   10/3/09 11:13:10PM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:
Good question

Even if old shogun is back, will he still gas and by what round?

I say 3rd if he makes it there.

Post #29   10/4/09 4:08:54PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
2 ROUNDS!!!! SHOGUN KO!!!

I think Shogun will dare I say it, FRUSTRATE Machida!!!! I think he'll stay in his face like the Shogun of Old and Pride with aggression. I think he'll stay in his face keeping the pressure on. I just think Machida will rather push Shogun away then make him pay but drilling him with shots close because Machida's defense IS NOT TECHNICAL, is so bad technique wise just because it really has nothing to do with covering up or blocking, its just about circling and moving with his feet to get out of the way. Hes just so fast and elusive and nobody really just takes it too him that aggressively since he always makes them pay dearly whenever they even come close to trying so they don't keep trying but Shogun is so fearless and never stops coming. His chin and head stays up so I believe if Shogun stays in his face, relentless like the Shogun in pride and lets his strikes go, he can eventually hit machida atleast once while hes throwing combos and maybe tag him and drop him because Machida chin has still yet to be hit hard and tested so Shogun could do that. I dont know, Shoguns just so well rounded and with the return of the old Shogun, Its hard to see him losing since he's pretty good on the ground and so vicious on the feet. I mean I rather take the chance the old Shogun is back rather then bet on a lesser Shogun being there because this is the biggest fight of his career and I bet you hes going all out to train so I think we'll see some of the best out of him and I think the best out of him can do enough to dethrone Machida.

Hears to praying that, that made sense and Shogun actually does it!

Last edited 10/4/09 7:39PM server time by Natedawgtham

Post #30   10/4/09 7:38:09PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3