Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Alistair Overeem post K-1 Evaluation

Print  
Posted By Message

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar
Record: 2,429-1,282
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
He was so impressive over his win against Aerts, he showed composure and durability when he was getting hit with head kicks. But what really impressed me was with how big he was. He had to have been at least 270 for that fight. And to think he used to fight at 205 haha. He's really the next big thing in mma. K-1 Level Striking, he's hard to take down because of his size and strentgh and he's got one of the best guillotines. If you match him up with the Top guys in the ufc I say he'd demolish them all besides Brock. Who could outsrike him in the hw division. Junior Dos Santos? No I think Junior would be ragdolled in the clinch and ko'd. Sky is the limit for Alistair. This reminds me of when Anderson Silva reached his prime. This is one scary dude.

Post #1   9/29/09 12:16:35AM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar
Record: 114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
That is one scary, huge, solid dude...he's no joke...if he can stay off his back, he could really make an impact. I'm pretty sure he'd demolish the whole division on the feet...but there's a few guys that I think would get him down and control him for the whole fight.

Post #2   9/29/09 12:12:28PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Record: 510-259
Chips:
Overeem weighed 242 for the Aerts fight . Overeem is a monster and would run through the UFC heavyweights .

Post #3   9/29/09 1:02:00PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar
Record: 454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Let's see him return to mma/fight in the US before we make too much out of this. MMA is a hard game because you have to watch out for so much. Also there's a lot of question as to why he seems to avoid the US. That's all I'll say.

Post #4   9/29/09 6:18:22PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Record: 2,332-1,467
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

Let's see him return to mma/fight in the US before we make too much out of this. MMA is a hard game because you have to watch out for so much. Also there's a lot of question as to why he seems to avoid the US. That's all I'll say.

This is true....almost enough to prop. However don't mind our nuthuggery, he does look impressive lately. At least impressive enough to make the roster and be seen as someone who could make a big impact in the UFC's HW Div....maybe even a run at the title!

Post #5   9/29/09 10:37:24PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar
Record: 570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
I wouldnt be so quick to throw him in there with the worlds MMA elite but he looked damn impressive the other night. I really hope that he does finally come back and defend his Strikeforce belt.

Post #6   10/4/09 10:48:05PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar
Record: 114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
I really don't see how everyone thinks he would run through the UFC division...like a year and a half ago he got destroyed by shogun once it hit the ground...now picture a true HW on top of him...

Post #7   10/6/09 11:40:52AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Record: 864-486
Chips:
I finally watched the fight. I'm a little disturbed by his willingness to stand still right in front of his opponent. He throws with a lot of power and basically goes in there to bully around these K-1 guys, but you aren't going to bully around an MMA guy like that. Especially the UFC elite HW's. These guys are all bigger for one, and for two they're mostly all great wrestlers. Not to mention he's not going to be able to take shots with 4 oz gloves like he can with K-1 gloves. Which I believe are 12oz.

Still, he'd be an exciting addition to the UFC's HW roster. I look forward to seeing his MMA career progress.

Post #8   10/6/09 11:59:47AM   

emfleek

BACK OFF WAR CHILD!

emfleek Avatar

Record: 2,100-1,106
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Overeem vs. Hoger

Predictions?

Post #9   10/6/09 12:00:57PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar
Record: 1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I finally watched the fight. I'm a little disturbed by his willingness to stand still right in front of his opponent. He throws with a lot of power and basically goes in there to bully around these K-1 guys, but you aren't going to bully around an MMA guy like that. Especially the UFC elite HW's. These guys are all bigger for one, and for two they're mostly all great wrestlers. Not to mention he's not going to be able to take shots with 4 oz gloves like he can with K-1 gloves. Which I believe are 12oz.

Still, he'd be an exciting addition to the UFC's HW roster. I look forward to seeing his MMA career progress.

well said everyone forgets how easily he was KOed in his MMA career and how before his sudden growth spurt he was never able to take it to the next level. i would like to see how he fairs against an actual MMA HW who is in the top 20 (i am not counting the CC fight). now with that said i see a very bright future for him. he is looking impressive and there is no doubt that the bulk he is putting on is perfect for his striking style with all the added power. i would love to see how he faired against a wrestler before i start declaring him the next big thing. now, he is still young and like i said i do expect big things from him in these upcoming few years, but i still am cautious about saying too much.

defeating Aerts and Hari is a great accomplisment, but MMA is just a different animal. again, seeing him strike against a wrestler while worrying about the take down will give me a lot more information to make a more accurate judgement

Post #10   10/7/09 11:41:59AM