Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Shane Carwin Is A Tough Wrestler With A 1-0 Record

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
According to Brock Lesnar he is. In recent comments made to The Las Vegas Sun, Lesnar is not impressed with Carwin being a NCAA Division 2 wrestling champion and thinks he's only 1-0 because he hasn't fought "anybody" except for Gabriel Gonzaga.

Article

Post #1   9/28/09 11:04:50AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
It's true that he hasn't really faced anyone but Gonzaga, but still can't take away from his record, he just got big. And finishing so many guys in the first is still impressive. I still think Lesnar is gonna beat Carwin though. His chin hasn't really been tested but he's got a big ass head so I'm counting on it being pretty strong.

Post #2   9/28/09 11:56:24AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Silly Brock can't count. Thats ok Brock, we won't judge.

Post #3   9/28/09 2:08:16PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
D-2 Wrestling is unlike all other D-2 sports. Becuas eof Title IX and the limited amount of wrestling across the country...topped with the fact that their are only 10 spots on the roster...the oppertunity for wrestlers are very limited. D2 universities often offer full ride scholarships to some of the best wrestlers in the country.

Whereas all other sports, football, baseball, basketball, ect on the D2 level are a joke...wrestling is not, and the top wrestlers on the D2 level can compete with the top wrestlers of the D1 level.

At copromoted tournament that placings are mixed between the two.

In conclusion, Carwin is just as good, if not a better wrestler than Lesnar.

Post #4   9/28/09 7:00:34PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,621-1,406
Chips:
You can't compare Brock and Shane's Wrestling as Brock would probably tech if not pin Shane in a match and if Brock is saying that Shane is only 1-0 because all of his other opponents were trash but didn't he Fight and get a win against Min Soo Kim Yeah but I can't wait to see this Fight because all of the hype around Shane is going to die down and Brock's stock will continue to rise.

Post #5   9/28/09 8:38:22PM   

hotrodttt

hotrodttt Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

D-2 Wrestling is unlike all other D-2 sports. Becuas eof Title IX and the limited amount of wrestling across the country...topped with the fact that their are only 10 spots on the roster...the oppertunity for wrestlers are very limited. D2 universities often offer full ride scholarships to some of the best wrestlers in the country.

Whereas all other sports, football, baseball, basketball, ect on the D2 level are a joke...wrestling is not, and the top wrestlers on the D2 level can compete with the top wrestlers of the D1 level.

At copromoted tournament that placings are mixed between the two.

In conclusion, Carwin is just as good, if not a better wrestler than Lesnar.

Do you wrestle dude, I'll be nice about this and say Shane has a lot of flaws in his Wrestling that Brock does not have. If you watch Shane wrestle, he'll shoot with his head down sometimes haha.

Post #6   9/28/09 8:40:04PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,649-899
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

You can't compare Brock and Shane's Wrestling as Brock would probably tech if not pin Shane in a match and if Brock is saying that Shane is only 1-0 because all of his other opponents were trash but didn't he Fight and get a win against Min Soo Kim Yeah but I can't wait to see this Fight because all of the hype around Shane is going to die down and Brock's stock will continue to rise.

Lesnar's record is 2-0, dude. Min Soo Kim is trash and the first Frank Mir fight does not count.

It's close enough to a certainty that Carwin will not shoot on Lesnar anyway. The more important question is whether or not Carwin is a good enough wrestler to keep Lesnar from succeeding at his own takedowns; should the fight stay standing for prolonged periods of time, the fight becomes more of a toss-up. Lesnar and Carwin have both demonstrated they have heavy power in their strikes (along with crude technique). It'll be interesting to see.

Now, when Cain Velasquez finally gets a fight against Lesnar, I'd like to see who outwrestles who.

Post #7   9/29/09 1:04:57AM   

hotrodttt

hotrodttt Avatar

Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Posted by hotrodttt

Lesnar's record is 2-0, dude. Min Soo Kim is trash and the first Frank Mir fight does not count.

It's close enough to a certainty that Carwin will not shoot on Lesnar anyway. The more important question is whether or not Carwin is a good enough wrestler to keep Lesnar from succeeding at his own takedowns; should the fight stay standing for prolonged periods of time, the fight becomes more of a toss-up. Lesnar and Carwin have both demonstrated they have heavy power in their strikes (along with crude technique). It'll be interesting to see.

Now, when Cain Velasquez finally gets a fight against Lesnar, I'd like to see who outwrestles who.

Trust me when I say this, Lesnar will take Carwin down if he wants too, and Cain is the better Wrestler of the 2 but not nearly strong enough to finish imo. Cain is small compared to some of the hw, but he's great at hw so we'll see how things go.

Post #8   9/29/09 1:37:26AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,243-813
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
i dont even know why this is being argued.

to say carwins wrestling is better than lesnars is totally ridiculous.

seriously.if lesnar wants carwin down on the mat.he is going to take it there.carwin will not be able to stop it.lesnars agility, strength, and size far outweigh carwins strength

Post #9   9/29/09 2:01:53AM