Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bigfoot Silva in talks with the UFC

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Brazilian heavyweight Antonio ‘Big Foot’ Silva (12-1) says he has received an offer of a contract from the UFC.

“I have a proposal from UFC but I have got to fight on Sep 23rd and there will be another fight left to accomplish my contract with Sengoku,” he told Brasil Combate. “Since the UFC wants exclusivity from the fighters I first need to finish up with Sengoku and after that I will study and see what is the best proposal over the table.”

Link

Post #1   9/24/09 10:08:54PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I could see Bigfoot beating Brock.

Of course, all these steroid abusers coming into the UFC makes me nervous for the sport as a whole.

Post #2   9/24/09 10:09:52PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
God I hope the UFC doesn't sign Bigfoot!

Post #3   9/24/09 10:59:27PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Of course, all these steroid abusers coming into the UFC makes me nervous for the sport as a whole.

I highly doubt Bigfoot was using steroids. The guy suffers from Acromegaly (I think that's the proper term) which causes his body to produce massive amounts of HGH. It would be senseless in my opinion, if your body is already producing excessive amounts of growth hormone. It's not really surprising that he would test positive because of his condition.

I would love to see him in the UFC--he would be an instant contender, and probably the only guy who might actually be bigger than Brock.

Post #4   9/24/09 11:13:20PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:
I have my doubts about him using steroids, too... especially since it was in California.

Still, the mainstream consensus is the mainstream consensus, and you best believe the average fan believes he did.

Post #5   9/24/09 11:30:24PM   

Brain_Smasher

Banned

Brain_Smasher Avatar

Career:761-379
Chips:
Who has Silva beat to be such a threat? I see a decent fighter who is VERY limited compared to real legit HWs. If you want to call him a SHW then he is a decent fighter. But as a HW he is slower than hell on the feet. Being fast "for his size" dont mean anything compared to other fighters. Brock will kill him because he cant move on the feet. He is a flat footed target. Hes a threat to the aging fighters like Randy and Nog because they are just punching bags. But the young HWs the UFC will beat him. Santos, Vasquez, Lesnar for sure.

He may be a good match up for guys like Nelson, Rothwell, and some of the C level gusy the UFC has given a shot recently. I see 10+ fighters who would walk over him or at least be a 50/50 fight.

Beating a handful of KOTC fighters dont make you a superstar. He is very limited in his technical and physical skills.

Last edited 9/24/09 11:37PM server time by Brain_Smasher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   9/24/09 11:36:45PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:
I'd say his submission and kickboxing skills are way beyond those of Brock

Post #7   9/24/09 11:39:25PM   

Brain_Smasher

Banned

Brain_Smasher Avatar

Career:761-379
Chips:
You can say that about just about anyone. Mir, Herring, Couture and about anyone else he fights. But Silva will be to easy to get down and if he is like every other big guy in the world. He will be useless on his back.

Post #8   9/25/09 1:47:36AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,411-771
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I think it gives the avg fan the wrong impression. But I think he deserves a contract in the UFC. He is good enough to make it in the top 5 of the UFC. But I don't know about beating Brock. I think Brock's Wrestling and power would be just to much for him. Plus his frame isn't the best to deal with a shorter stronger wrestler. I think he would have the same issues Mir did but even worse because of his build. I think the main thing to take in to account is Brock can do huge amounts of damage with little risk. Its hard to sub a guy that can knock you out with his head pressed against your chest in your guard. That makes Brock very dangerous. There are only two men I see having a chance of subbing Brock right now. That would be Nog and Fedor.

Post #9   9/25/09 2:10:49AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:

Posted by telnights

There are only two men I see having a chance of subbing Brock right now. That would be Nog and Fedor.

I would add two names...since we're theorizing "chance" I'm certainly not saying they have a 50/50 shot, but certainly possible ...Fabricio Werdum and Gabriel Gonzaga.

Last edited 9/25/09 4:39AM server time by Wolfenstein
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   9/25/09 4:39:06AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I'd like him to come to the UFC. Worst case scenario is that he can't hang and they get rid of him, but it is possible, perhaps likely, that he could make some compelling fights.

Post #11   9/25/09 7:01:08AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
geabbing silva would hurt strikeforce
i think silva could hang with the big boys

Post #12   9/25/09 9:11:44AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by telnights

There are only two men I see having a chance of subbing Brock right now. That would be Nog and Fedor.

I would add two names...since we're theorizing "chance" I'm certainly not saying they have a 50/50 shot, but certainly possible ...Fabricio Werdum and Gabriel Gonzaga.

Given a few more fights I believe Roger Gracie could do it as well.

Post #13   9/25/09 10:27:52AM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by Jackelope

I highly doubt Bigfoot was using steroids. The guy suffers from Acromegaly (I think that's the proper term) which causes his body to produce massive amounts of HGH. It would be senseless in my opinion, if your body is already producing excessive amounts of growth hormone. It's not really surprising that he would test positive because of his condition.

I would love to see him in the UFC--he would be an instant contender, and probably the only guy who might actually be bigger than Brock.

So do you also think Barnett, Baroni and Bonnar are innocent?

Post #14   9/25/09 11:14:23AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by Jackelope

So do you also think Barnett, Baroni and Bonnar are innocent?

those 3 dont have the acromegaly disorder.

Post #15   9/25/09 2:31:23PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2