Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage Jackson Authors New Post: "I'll Be Damned If Anybody Disrespects Me"

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
The reason why I'm talking about all this is that I feel like this whole situation could have been avoided if UFC would have respected me more & rescheduled the fight about a month or more in my hometown, which I know fights can be rescheduled because of the Matt Hughes & Matt Serra was postponed due to injuries. Instead, Dana went on the internet & started talking bad about my decision. All we had to do was come to a certain type of argreement or understanding, which later came after a lot of trash talk from Dana. My manager flew to Vegas & talked to them & tried to work things out like a MAN. & still I keep quite & I didn't talk trash back on the internet. The only reason why I'm even talking now is because I feel like I owe my fans an explanation because I am a MAN, a real MAN. Yeah I made good money with the UFC more than Pride, but I made both shows more money than they made me. I didn't care too much about Pride treating me like crap cause I was an American in a Japanese company. Now in my own country, I feel like I'm being disrepected. Everything is not about how much money you make. You could be the richest man in the world but if nobody repsects you then it don't mean ****. You can't buy respect. It should be earned. & thats what I'm all about.

Link

Post #1   9/24/09 4:24:18PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

You can't buy respect. It should be earned.

Maybe you should look at the common points to all of your problems and think about following your own advice.

Post #2   9/24/09 4:28:20PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
eh, I'm over it. I really doubt he's retiring, this whole thing is stupid, why does he feel that he should be able to just reschedule an event on a whim? The UFC would be equally popular with or without Jackson. I don't understand why he thinks he should get special privileges. I guess the UFC should reschedule fights any time someone wants to walk away in the middle of their contract to do a movie.

Post #3   9/24/09 5:11:01PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:
i was praying he'd fight rashad, rashad would win that fight in a heartbeat.

Post #4   9/24/09 5:40:17PM   

three_days_of_grey

MMA Regular

three_days_of_grey Avatar

Career:902-534
Chips:
Yes, they can reschedule fights, but it's not as easy to reschedule entire venues. Also, the Hughes/Serra fight was rescheduled due to injuries, not because they wanted to do a crappy movie version of a "okay" TV show. Some things were meant to stay on the small screen and this is a perfect example.
If I seem to recall, wasnt it DW by Rampage's side when he went batshit crazy and led cops on a pursuit while taking out some vehicles along the way?? Respect, my a*s. Why doesn't he respect the contract he signed and ALL the build-up and hype that the UFC is generating for HIS fight in HIS hometown? And so what if they enticed you fight to people you didn't want to fight? Who isn't asked to do sh*t at work all the time that they don't necessarily want to do? Cry me a river.
I for one can't wait until they start filming thei movie and give him a mohawk because in order to do so, they will have to pull his head outta his ass first.
Rampage is right that Dana should not have trashed him on the internet. DW should have went and told him to his face what a Cung Le he is being.

-OUT-

Post #5   9/24/09 5:47:04PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by Aether

eh, I'm over it. I really doubt he's retiring, this whole thing is stupid, why does he feel that he should be able to just reschedule an event on a whim? The UFC would be equally popular with or without Jackson. I don't understand why he thinks he should get special privileges. I guess the UFC should reschedule fights any time someone wants to walk away in the middle of their contract to do a movie.

I hope you're right because this whole situation pisses me off as a fan, he has too many interesting fights out there right now to retire..

Post #6   9/24/09 6:05:06PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
ufc needs to put a clause that either says if u walk away from a signed fight to do another production be a rapper or movie star that u lose ur annual pay per fight or it drops 25% or

if they do walk away or retire that when they come back ever they are still under ufc property and roster

told u this is gonna get ugly

Post #7   9/24/09 6:38:59PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,509-1,360
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Both sides are kinda wrong here and Rampage has made some very good points but also sounds kinda depressed. Yes Serra/Hughes was rescheduled due to injuries but they should have considered Rampage vs. Rashad for a later date. The fight isn't until December anyway and yeah, it slightly ruins their plans, but that has happened before (Serra/Hughes)...I think Rampage was referencing the Serra/Hughes fight more-so because they were the coaches on the show season 6 and were supposed to fight and that's what Rampage/Rashad are as well. It does suck that the movie is interferring with the fight, but whats a couple months wait for a much better trained Rampage. I know I would rather wait to see Rampage/Rashad in Jan or Feb than see Rampage quit and Rashad fight Thiago Silva (althouh that matchup is pretty interesting).

Post #8   9/24/09 7:16:00PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:

Posted by mikevolz

i was praying he'd fight rashad, rashad would win that fight in a heartbeat.

You sir are dead wrong about that one. In fact that is laughable, and thats not saying that he wouldnt win.

Post #9   9/24/09 7:18:12PM   

Brain_Smasher

Banned

Brain_Smasher Avatar

Career:761-379
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Both sides are kinda wrong here and Rampage has made some very good points but also sounds kinda depressed. Yes Serra/Hughes was rescheduled due to injuries but they should have considered Rampage vs. Rashad for a later date. The fight isn't until December anyway and yeah, it slightly ruins their plans, but that has happened before (Serra/Hughes)...I think Rampage was referencing the Serra/Hughes fight more-so because they were the coaches on the show season 6 and were supposed to fight and that's what Rampage/Rashad are as well. It does suck that the movie is interferring with the fight, but whats a couple months wait for a much better trained Rampage. I know I would rather wait to see Rampage/Rashad in Jan or Feb than see Rampage quit and Rashad fight Thiago Silva (althouh that matchup is pretty interesting).

Do you remember the Hughes/Serra situation? That fight had a ton of hype around it for a long time. But it was all gone by the time the fight actually happened. All the build up on TUF was long forgotten.

I believe QJs and Evans hatred is fake. But its still a fight that i want to see. Its easy to say just push it back a month. But Venues have to be booked way ion advanced. So now you have to push it back to when you already are booked in another city.

What really should have happened is QJ take the fight and film around the fight. I believe this could have been done but QJ didnt want to effect his training. I think thats another excuse. If you want the movie bad enough you would atleast attempt to do both. If you get beat then you have a good excuse. I think QJ is just ducking Evans and Machida.

Actors film many movies at one time. Movies are made out of sequence. So they could have filmed QJs parts when he was availible. QJ just wanted what he wants when he wants it. In the process screwed the UFC and the fans. I was planning on going to memphis from WV. 8 hours to see this fightwith 5 others. Now we get a **** main event because QJ's selfish ass.

Post #10   9/24/09 8:05:36PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
I'm sick of listening to him.

Post #11   9/24/09 10:13:48PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,411-771
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Yeah he talks about how he beat Forrest & I lost. But when I fought Forrest that was the worst Rampage I had ever seen. & I still know in my heart I won that fight.

my mind wasn't right (my mind was at TRUCK status) & that's the way I felt because I felt I had been robbed out of my belt.

This one sounds worse than the first one he posted. He sounds so out of touch it isn't even funny. The talk about his family seams a little crazy to me. Its almost sad he thinks he won the Forrest fight and still cant admit defeat. Whats even worse is he still hasn't gotten over it after this much time. Its almost like he is blaming everyone but himself for his problems. Its just like the Wandy and Shogun fights he lost, he blamed the Ref and Pride for those losses. I really think he has some depression or mental issues that need to be dealt with.

Post #12   9/25/09 2:34:31AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This guy is unstable mentally and maybe the UFC shouldn't have him back till he gets his personal problems worked out.

Last edited 9/25/09 1:16PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: Error
2 total post edits

Post #13   9/25/09 2:51:46AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

ufc needs to put a clause that either says if u walk away from a signed fight to do another production be a rapper or movie star that u lose ur annual pay per fight or it drops 25% or

if they do walk away or retire that when they come back ever they are still under ufc property and roster

told u this is gonna get ugly

I was thinking the same way.
I almost think it's just as much the UFC's fault as it is Rampages that this whole fiasco is even taking place.
Rampage shouldn't have pulled out on the fight,but this may be a hard learned lesson for the UFC to not put good faith that their fighters are always going to honor what they have said their going to do.

I hope this type of situation never happens again,but the bigger the sport gets,I feel like the greater the chance it will.
Anyway,I willing to bet the UFC will get a lot stricter.

Last edited 9/25/09 7:05AM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   9/25/09 7:03:00AM