Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Keith Kizer say protocol, not "Black List," reason for ref John Mcarthy's NSAC status

Print  
Posted By Message

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:
"Veteran referee "Big" John McCarthy hasn't refereed a mixed martial arts contest in Nevada in nearly two years.

And as Sherdog.com first reported on Tuesday, a recently denied McCarthy application to the Nevada State Athletic Commission means "Big" John still isn't eligible to officiate in the state.

But as NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), conspiracy theorists can take a rest; McCarthy isn't the only veteran referee that the commission simply doesn't have a use for at this time."

LINK

Post #1   9/23/09 8:10:28PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Oh so mccarthy is on the "white list"

Post #2   9/23/09 11:40:47PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
I can't put my finger on it, but something about Kizer rubs me the wrong way

Post #3   9/24/09 2:03:15AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I can't get over these statements....

"that the commission simply doesn't have a use for at this time"???????

What!? Is this a joke? There are quite a few refs and judges who are a complete farce, the scoring system is vague and highly open to interpretation, and the rules are constantly being disputed and changing, from redefinitions of back of the head and "downward pointing elbows" to instant replays.

Sorry Keith but if you think everything is A-OK with the commission and you have no use for experienced referees, you're a complete moron who needs to step down and let someone who has a clue about MMA do your job.

Post #4   9/24/09 2:56:55AM