Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

With Rampage Out, Huerta Wants Back In

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Before he burns any bridges with the UFC, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson might want to take a look at the cautionary tale of Roger Huerta. After losing what was supposed to be his last match in the UFC before running off to a land of riches and pain-free adulation in Hollywood, Huerta now says he might like to stick around and see where this fighting thing takes him. And what caused this tremendous shift from the guy who signed a development deal with Lion’s Gate Films and has been very vocal about his displeasure with the UFC in the past? From the sound of it, this acting plum isn’t quite as sweet as Huerta thought it would be.

Link

Post #1   9/23/09 12:47:20PM   

Brain_Smasher

Banned

Brain_Smasher Avatar

Career:761-379
Chips:
I though it would be cool to see QJ as Mr T. But not at the expense of fighting. Most of the fighters who go into movies depend on their fan base from MMA to support them and go see, buy, their movie. People who are a lot more popular than QJ have done movies and they have flopped. Couture's Scorpian King went straight to DVD. Tito's Crow sequel went to DVD as well and they both we crap. The last movie QJ was in was "Never Surrender" or something liek that. Im not kidding it was the worst movie i have ever seen. It didnt make sense. But the producers made a low budget movie using popular figthers thinking the fans of those fighters would single handedly make the movie turn a huge profit. It problably worked since it had GSP, Anderson Silva and many others. But QJ is shooting himsefl in the foot. He is alienating himself from the fans he needs to buy his films. He is doing the same with the UFC. How can Entertainment Tonigh do a story on QJ and tell anything about him and his fighting career when the UFC owns everything MMA related he has ever done. I dotn see the UFC giving rights to show his fight clips. They own his WFA and Pride fights too. Its going to be hard to market him.

ALso how does QJ expect to be a big movie star when his claim to fame is being Mr T? Mr T was a 1 hit wonder. He is broke and doing nothing. He was never an actor to begin with and was type cast his entore like because of Clubber Lang and the A team. If he sells his fighting career for Mr T type success he will be getting the short end of the stick.

Post #2   9/23/09 3:09:13PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Brain_Smasher

Couture's Scorpian King went straight to DVD. Tito's Crow sequel went to DVD as well and they both we crap.

The A-Team cast BLOWS AWAY the cast of both movies that you mentioned. The movie is going to do alright and will probably make pretty decent bank.

Will Rampage land other roles due to the success of the movie? Who knows. Will he make millions from his role as BA? Doubtful. But...he's doing what he wants.

I, for one, can't blame the guy. If my boss pissed me off and I had my foot in the door somewhere else, you can bet your sweet cheeks I'd make the switch.

Rampage is only doing what he feels is best for him. None of us, not even Rampage, know if that's the right choice. He believes it is so let him do his thing.

Post #3   9/23/09 3:26:48PM   

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:
coming from a huge Rampage fan he is right to do the movie, this is the only chance he will get to be casted in The A-Team film and hes going to fight rashad still just gonna be pushed back a few months

Post #4   9/23/09 3:58:08PM   

cheesy-maggot

MMA Regular

cheesy-maggot Avatar

Career:315-196
Camp: Camp Angio
Chips:
Wow that guy must of really not liked Huerta...

Post #5   9/23/09 9:46:26PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
hey lose a mirko and rampage in 2 days is bad enough but bring huerta back for the fans, ease the pain for all of us right now

Post #6   9/23/09 10:15:29PM