Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White: Rampage Jackson 'Acting Like a Baby' but Can Do What He Wants

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Shortly after Rampage Jackson wrote on his web site that he was retiring from mixed martial arts to pursue a career in acting, UFC President Dana White said he was disappointed in Jackson for "acting like a baby" -- but he added that he understands Jackson can do whatever he wants with his life.

"Rampage is a grown man," White told Carmichael Dave on the radio station KHTK (audio here). "He's acting like a baby right now, but he's a grown man. If he wants to be in the movie business, Rampage, good luck to you, man. I hope he makes it big, and I'm not being sarcastic. ... I hope the movie thing works out for him. If that's what he truly wants to do, and that's what he feels and that's what he thinks his career is, I wish him all the luck in the world."

STORY

Post #1   9/23/09 10:51:02AM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
Rampage stabbed PRIDE in the back and now the UFC.

Post #2   9/23/09 2:32:31PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Do a little more investigating to find out who really stabbed who in the back. Pride isn't around any longer, I wonder why?

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #3   9/23/09 5:09:24PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Kind of premature to say something like that.

Both guys (Jackson/White) are known to be hotheaded and emotional in public.

Once the dust settles, this whole 'storm in a teacup' will be sorted......

Last edited 9/23/09 5:18PM server time by MMAcca
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   9/23/09 5:18:18PM   

ace_of_god

Learning to Sprawl

ace_of_god Avatar

Career:151-115
Camp: Grande Cajones Fight Camp
Chips:
I find it very ironic that White is calling Rampage a baby when the first thing he did when Rampage took the movie gig was cry to the media about how Rampage screwed him or how about how once Fedor didn't sign with the UFC all of a sudden he is calling Fedor a wuss and an organization that has never called out the UFC or Dana all of a sudden becomes a farce when they become a contract competitor with the UFC. White is the larges baby on the planet when something doesn't go his way he is all "Can't cure stupid!" If what Rampage said when announcing his retirement is correct, Rampage told Dana that this movie was a possibility and that it ment something to him personnally. Dana then goes and has a cry feast about how stupid Rampage is, no doubt I would have done the exact same thing as Rampage.

Bottom line Rampage is no more a cry baby then white.

Post #5   9/23/09 5:28:12PM