Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage says he is done fighting

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:
I have a feeling we will get another post Wanderlei/ Forrest freak out he is notorious for. Poor guy. He really needs help imo. If he is doing this with a rational mind, best of luck to him and we will probably will see him again in the ufc. If what he is saying is true then maybe the ufc will see he is serious and change there ways. If it's not true then maybe dana will set him in his place.

Post #31   9/22/09 11:35:59PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,685-1,419
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i will say this watching a much hyped season now knowing their might not ever be a rampage vs evans match does loose some luster
dana shouldn't have talked smack about him or revealed any personnal stuff like payments to the public
HE NEEDS SUPPORT!!! FOR HIS EFFORT TO GO MAINSTREAM,
with that being said i have seen the last 3 fights of his live, glad to honored to see him fight in his prime, and if this is for real
thanks for the fights!!

Post #32   9/22/09 11:43:09PM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Wow.

Yea

Post #33   9/23/09 12:02:49AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I don't think I buy it. Eventually reality will set in when he discovers that acting isn't exactly a cakewalk either, and he's not going to be making cash hand over fist anytime soon.

Best of luck to him if that's what he wants to do, but I would bet the house that he's back fighting next year.

Post #34   9/23/09 12:50:37AM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:

Then I reinjured my jaw in the fight with Vanderlei & Jardine. Frank Mir gets hurt so they wanted to switch my fight from UFC 100 to the fight Frank couldn't make it to but I couldn't fight cause I needed jaw surgury. So they give Machida the fight against Rashad & they told me they want me to coach TUF season 10 against Rashad. That's why I wanted Rashad to win so bad but when Rashad got knocked out I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashadn changes his mind & says I that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana thehave to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all.

This is the part that is real interesting to me.
Why do the show if you really wanted to fight Machida,was it really so much pressure?
Also why act like you have to fight Evans so bad if you really did not want to all along and instead take your legit title shot that has been earned?
Just because the boss says so is pretty lame in my book and makes for lack of character if you wish to act in a certain manner that is not truly you.
I will take what he says as true albeit a bit over dramatized.

I wish he would have just stood up for himself and fought Machida instead we(the fans) lose a legendary fighter in his prime.If he comes back there will probaly be too much ring rust for him to stay a top ten fighter.

Well I wish him all the best in the new career.Hopefully he can do some Naked Gun movies and take over OJ's part.They stopped makeing them just because The Juice killed his family.The producers never even thought of us fans

Post #35   9/23/09 2:21:18AM   

JuggaloWarrior878

Juggalo 4 Life

JuggaloWarrior878 Avatar

Career:2,681-1,558
Camp: Hatchet House
Chips:
wow man that's terrible, but i did think dana was being a baby about it by making Rampage look like a chump. never one of my fav fighters but i hav mad respect for what hes done. good luck to him and his future endeavors.

Last edited 9/23/09 3:14AM server time by juggalowarrior878
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #36   9/23/09 3:14:33AM   

Fahrenheit1221

Learning to Sprawl

Fahrenheit1221 Avatar

Career:800-483
Camp: Team Kumate
Chips:
I just wonder what changed in the last 48 hours or so... last I heard they were back on speaking terms and everything was cool 'n the gang.

Post #37   9/23/09 7:14:29AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,555-917
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
There were so many match-ups for him!
WHY NOW, RAMPAGE!?! WHY NOW!?!

Post #38   9/23/09 8:03:51AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by telnights

He is playing BA in a remake of show that wasn't that good to start with

The A-Team was DOPE. I want to fight you now.

As for Rampage...eh, whatever. I've learned to not put too much stock in to the supposed "retirement" of any athlete (thank you, Michael Jordan). Apparently he's lost the fire (or urge) to compete. I'm fine with that. However, it's been proven time and time again that the fire is never completely out. He'll be back at some point. He just wants to play a little bit on the side until then. I, for one, can't blame him for it.

His life, as an athlete/person, is more important than ours (from his point of view).

Good luck, Quinton. See you in 9-12 months, I'm sure.

Last edited 9/23/09 8:23AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #39   9/23/09 8:22:35AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Brain_Smasher

Did QJ ever think the UFC kept him from the belt at that time because he killed someones baby in his moment on insanity? Why put him in for the biggest prize in the promotion with all that going on? The UFC let it blow over and now have offered him the shot at the belt again and he turned it down. QJ is just making excuses to get what he wants.

It was ruled that he was not the cause of the miscarriage, and to call someone who was acquitted a child murderer is stepping about a billion miles over the line no matter how much you disagree with what he's doing or saying. Whether the UFC wanted to avoid the negative publicity is not what I'm arguing, he didn't kill anyone, and I'm really, really sick and tired of hearing people say this.

Some people toss around murder accusations pretty casually, it's disgusting. I'll take a doctor and the court's word over some news articles. Calling someone a child murderer is flat out wrong. He was acquitted, that's really uncalled for.

Post #40   9/23/09 8:35:23AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,070-1,282
Chips:
well that sucks..

dana is a good business man, but all good business men are shallow and sneaky bastards... he seems to have lots of superficial friendships and doesnt really value them

bottom line..as with everything.. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Post #41   9/23/09 8:47:01AM   

HumanTarget

MMA Regular

HumanTarget Avatar

Career:561-331
Chips:
He'll be back. Money talks my friend...

Post #42   9/23/09 10:11:03AM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
Dana's mouth got him in trouble again. Rampage fought whoever they asked him to, whenever they asked him to even on short notice. It was obvious after his loss to Forrest that he should have had a rematch.

Dana was just doing his normal talking trash because he's the boss and he can thing and being a real douche and someone just walked away from the only leverage he had over them. Just like anybody, the ONLY leverage your boss has over you---is your job. When you don't give a F*** they lose their power over you.

Ooops.

Rampage is EASILY marketable. It's why Dana got him in the first place. he should do fine on tv, reality shows, movies, whatever. He's got a ton of personality. Really, when you have presence and personality/charisma you can do a lot. It's UFC's loss.

Post #43   9/23/09 12:53:19PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #44   9/23/09 3:45:36PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ