Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 103 medical suspensions: All 26 fighters suspended, "Cro Cop" indefinitely

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
All 26 competitors from this past weekend's "UFC 103: Franklin vs. Belfort" event were issued medical suspension following the event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) obtained the list of suspensions from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, which oversees combat sports in the state.

Although most of the suspensions run the minimum of seven days, some fighters received extended ones, including Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, who has been suspended indefinitely.

UFC 103 took place Sept. 19 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. The event aired on both Spike TV and pay-per-view.

STORY

Post #1   9/21/09 11:11:09AM   

mshalosky

Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar

Career:362-216
Chips:
Hey i got an idea lets suspend 19 of the 26 fighters for under 10 days for absolutely no reason at all. This is rediculus whats the point of suspending these guys for so few days they were probably planning on taking like a week or 2 off anyways. And one other thing i dont understand on the ufc fight night they suspend 2 guys and on this one 26

Last edited 9/21/09 4:01PM server time by mshalosky
Edit note/reason: mis type

Post #2   9/21/09 4:00:20PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by mshalosky

And one other thing i dont understand on the ufc fight night they suspend 2 guys and one this 26

Different states. Different athletic commissions. Different guidelines.

Post #3   9/21/09 4:01:12PM   

mshalosky

Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar

Career:362-216
Chips:

Posted by mshalosky

And one other thing i dont understand on the ufc fight night they suspend 2 guys and one this 26
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Different states. Different athletic commissions. Different guidelines.

Yeah i got that it just seems like a waste of time to fill out all those suspensions for no reason especially belfort/griffin/escudero all took 0 damage

Post #4   9/21/09 4:03:45PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
It's just a CYA procedure for all parties involved.A little stupid but it's probably a good idea for these guys not to have any contact for 7 days anyway,just to make certain that they give their bodies a chance to recoup.A lot of guys win on Saturday night and are back in the gym first thing Monday morning.That catches up with you after awhile.

WB.

Post #5   9/21/09 4:30:57PM