Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

"The Ultimate Fighter 10" debut shatters Spike TV records, wins timeslot in key demos

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
With the show seemingly on its deathbed in recent years, the UFC and Spike TV's reality series "The Ultimate Fighter" recently debuted its 10th season on Wednesday and scored the biggest ratings in series and Spike TV history.

According to Spike TV, "TUF 10," which features an eclectic mix of MMA and NFL veterans (most notably, former EliteXC headliner Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson), debuted with a whopping 4.1 million viewers.

The series' previous high was 2.8 million viewers, who tuned in for the "TUF 3" premiere in 2006.

Link

Post #1   9/17/09 10:18:15PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Wednesday's hour-long debut, which introduced ex-UFC champs Quinton Jackson and Rashad Evans as coaches, scored big in the young-men demographics (men 18-34, M18-49, M18-24 and M25-34) and topped everything in its timeslot, including "The Jay Leno Show" and the season finale of "America's Got Talent," both of which aired on network television.

Impressive!

Post #2   9/17/09 10:36:26PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,331-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Crazy that Kimbo still has that much drawing power after what happened in his last fight. Just wait until the episode he fights in airs. You know that's gonna pull in some numbers too.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   9/17/09 11:30:13PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
I think this proves that Kimbo is a HUGE draw and name regardless of how this all plays out for him. I think whenever he is matched against a good wrestler....forget it. but he can be a middle level fighter and even star on a lot of UFN for ratings. There is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. I used to love watching Mickey Ward---he wasn't a champ, he just brought it at his level. I didn't enjoy watching Lennox Lewis all that much (although he was much better at his weightclass and in history). It's not about being a champ someitmes.

Kimbo will always be a good draw if he is matched with equal talent---not superior talent.

Post #4   9/17/09 11:39:35PM   

ace_of_god

Learning to Sprawl

ace_of_god Avatar

Career:151-115
Camp: Grande Cajones Fight Camp
Chips:
I know the reason I watched it with such excitement was I wanted to see Kimbo fight. The reason people love this guy is because they know someone is going to get knocked out, either him or his opponent. It is also why I love watching Drew McFedries or Huston Alexander fight.

Post #5   9/18/09 7:53:15AM