Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Battered, Bruised Nate Quarry Says "Fight of the Night" Went According to Plan

Print  
Posted By Message

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:
"OKLAHOMA CITY – Prior to Wednesday's "UFC Fight Night 19: Diaz vs. Guillard" bout, many MMA observers felt Tim Credeur was simply the "next jiu-jitsu guy" on Nate Quarry's schedule.

Despite Credeur's impressive grappling credentials, the fight ended up as anything but a jiu-jitsu contest. The two stood toe-to-toe for 15 minutes en route to winning the evening's "Fight of the Night" bonus.

At the evening's post-event press conference, Quarry (12-3 MMA, 7-2 UFC) said the bout actually went just as he expected."

Post #1   9/17/09 8:04:21AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This was one of the more exciting fights in recent memory. I've been a semi-fan of Credeur since TUF but never had a rooting interest either way for Quarry. After last night, I'll continue to root for both men on their respective journeys.

Post #2   9/17/09 8:17:03AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
hat goes off to nate, he showed alot of heart, i really thought he was gonna lose that fight after the first round,
tim impressed me alot, these guys deserved that bonus!!

Post #3   9/17/09 9:36:20AM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,656-890
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
This was a war... both of their faces at the end of the fight say it all. They left it all inside the Octagon. Great Scrap.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #4   9/17/09 1:45:12PM