Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Official TUF 10 Thread

Print  
  Page 7 of 9   <<   4     5     6     7     8     9  
Posted By Message

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Greatest quote ever from Rashad. I was dying laughing

You get out of it what you put into it. If you don't put nothing into it, you don't get nothing out of it. Don't be surprised. ... There's no need to tear down a door, foo.

Also, I hope Schoonover stays in it the whole way through. I know it is as childish as it gets, but this "Titties" thing has me dying laughing every time

Post #91   11/5/09 2:27:45PM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
I love how he asked Rampages team for help and when they decline he feels the best way to save face and change there mind is to start in on Rampage.

Post #92   11/5/09 5:23:12PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Rabi

Ive just watched episode 8 online and was interested in everyones opinion for what will happen in the QF matches.

1. Roy Nelson v Justin Wren

Was really impressed with Wren in rd 1 and would love to see him go all the way to at least the final. For me Nelson is the big favourite to take the whole thing. I would love to see Wren win but I expect Nelson to win.

2. Brendan Schaub v Jon Madsen

Schaub looked ok in his first fight and pulled off a good submission win, I wasnt that impressed with Madsen, he won easily but was not very exciting to watch. I have a feeling Madsen will take Schaub down at will and grind out a boring UD, hope im wrong though.

3. James McSweeney v Matt Mitrione

I see this as technique (McSweeney) v power ( Mitrione). I would like to see my fellow Brit win, I see Mitrione starting strong and gassing, I then see Mcsweeney picking him off and maybe it will be 1 rd each and then in rd 3 McSweeney to finish off a tired Mitrione. ( assuming Mitrione doesnt pull out with injury)

4. Darril Schoonover v Marcus Jones

Jones looked very impressive in his first fight IMO. I see him being way to powerful for Darril and see a rd 1 tko from GnP.

Overall the 1 match I would like to have seen be made is Madsen v Mitrione, there is obviuosly bad blood and I think it would have made it an interesting match up.

What does every one else think.

I think McSweeney will absolutely wreck Matrione.

Post #93   11/5/09 7:26:50PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by Rabi

Ive just watched episode 8 online and was interested in everyones opinion for what will happen in the QF matches.

1. Roy Nelson v Justin Wren

Was really impressed with Wren in rd 1 and would love to see him go all the way to at least the final. For me Nelson is the big favourite to take the whole thing. I would love to see Wren win but I expect Nelson to win.

2. Brendan Schaub v Jon Madsen

Schaub looked ok in his first fight and pulled off a good submission win, I wasnt that impressed with Madsen, he won easily but was not very exciting to watch. I have a feeling Madsen will take Schaub down at will and grind out a boring UD, hope im wrong though.

3. James McSweeney v Matt Mitrione

I see this as technique (McSweeney) v power ( Mitrione). I would like to see my fellow Brit win, I see Mitrione starting strong and gassing, I then see Mcsweeney picking him off and maybe it will be 1 rd each and then in rd 3 McSweeney to finish off a tired Mitrione. ( assuming Mitrione doesnt pull out with injury)

4. Darril Schoonover v Marcus Jones

Jones looked very impressive in his first fight IMO. I see him being way to powerful for Darril and see a rd 1 tko from GnP.

Overall the 1 match I would like to have seen be made is Madsen v Mitrione, there is obviuosly bad blood and I think it would have made it an interesting match up.

What does every one else think.

I like Nelson, Schaub, McSweeney, and Marcus.

Post #94   11/5/09 10:49:17PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:
I think Titties is a horrible matchup for Marcus, personally. He showed he isn't afraid to bring it and bang hard. Marcus doesn't seem like he wants to stand in there and get hit like that, so it could end up being an upset.

Post #95   11/6/09 7:16:24PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I think Titties is a horrible matchup for Marcus, personally. He showed he isn't afraid to bring it and bang hard. Marcus doesn't seem like he wants to stand in there and get hit like that, so it could end up being an upset.

I wouldn't really consider it an upset. I'd actually consider Titties to be the favorite.

Post #96   11/10/09 2:33:21PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Chips:
Last weeks episode was dope. I cant wait for tonight

Post #97   11/11/09 8:10:40PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,411-771
Chips:
WOW Roy got a gift from the judges. I thought for sure when they said the fight was over there was no way Roy won the fight because he clearly lost the first round. I feel for Justin that was just very poor judging.

Post #98   11/11/09 11:07:12PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by telnights

WOW Roy got a gift from the judges. I thought for sure when they said the fight was over there was no way Roy won the fight because he clearly lost the first round. I feel for Justin that was just very poor judging.

I disagree, I thought it could have gone either way. Yes Justin had Roy in a bad situation early on in the first, but Roy's experience persevered and it seemed like the striking was about equal in that round despite Justin's shots looking like they were a bit heavier. Justin was winded towards the end of the first though, and Roy got a good amount of shots in.

The second round I thought was all Roy. Justin, again, had a few good shots, but Roy landed WAY more shots than Justin did and landed several heavy leg kicks. Once Justin start getting winded Roy basically tee'd off.

I wouldn't have been upset had Justin win, but I can definitely see why Roy won.

As for Dana though, he is coming off like a prick this season. Yeah, Roy is cocky, but come on Dana, give the man some credit, it was a good fight!

Post #99   11/11/09 11:12:24PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Chips:
I had it 20-18 Nelson.

Post #100   11/11/09 11:29:24PM   

Infused

MMA Regular

Infused Avatar

Career:373-253
Chips:
Wasn't a very good fight imo, could have went either way. I'm glad it didn't go to a third, would have been even more boring.

EDIT: Just watched Marcus fight. Didn't realize how huge he is! Anyone think he seems like he wasn't using his full strength when he was on the ground, the opponent seems to slip away quite easily from his positions (which ended up being a good thing heh)

Last edited 11/12/09 12:34AM server time by Infused
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #101   11/12/09 12:29:59AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by telnights

Same here. I had it 19-19 and going to a 3rd round.

I don't think Roy did enough compared to Wren in the 1st.

Post #102   11/12/09 8:17:06AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,948-1,142
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I thought it was close but I liked Wren so wanted him to win. If I was scoring I would have gone 19-19.

How funny was the chicken joke. That had me in in stitches, especially the full length dive to catch the chicken.

What do people think will happen with Matt, do you think he will pull out and if he does who will replace him?

Post #103   11/12/09 1:10:36PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rabi

What do people think will happen with Matt, do you think he will pull out and if he does who will replace him?

I'm hoping that whatever happens results in him being removed from the house. I'm sick of seeing/hearing him.

Of course they'll replace him with Kimbo...but I don't see it happening. He'll fight. And he'll lose.

Post #104   11/12/09 1:37:14PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:
Roy showed why he deserves to be considered the favorite to win the show. What won him that fight was experience. He let Wren come at him hard like that because he knew he'd gas himself out. That's why Roy turned it up in the second. That's a true veteran right there.

I think Dana was being a bit overboard with Nelson. I thought it was a very entertaining fight all the way through. Stop being a hater, Dana. The guy has skills. Give him his props.

Emfleek- I wasn't saying Titties is the underdog when you consider everyone, but considering the love Marcus has been getting on the boards he would be the underdog. Those are the people I was addressing

Post #105   11/12/09 11:12:35PM   

Page 7 of 9   <<   4     5     6     7     8     9