Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The Fighters.com Interview Tim Sylvia Walked Away From

Print  
Posted By Message

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:
"Former UFC heavyweight champion “Maine-iac” Tim Sylvia (24-6) agreed to an interview with Fighters.com before his fight versus Jason Riley (6-1) at Adrenaline MMA 4 in Omaha Friday…until he peeped my questions.

“Chad, I am not going to do this interview,” Sylvia graciously responded. “I don’t like how this whole thing is coming accross. Sorry.”

Below are the questions that Sylvia refused to answer along with what Fighters.com could dig-up. You decide if Fighters.com’s questions were out of line. Of course, Fighters.com would prefer to put Sylvia on the record on the issues fans are chattering about. And, Fighters.com stands by everything written here as told by reliable sources, but sources can only speak from their point of view. It’s unfortunate Sylvia won’t tell his story."

LINK

Post #1   9/16/09 4:48:21PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
While I'd like to hear the answer to these questions (and probably laugh my ass off), I don't blame Sylvia one bit for not wanting to do that interview. The interviewer obviously wanted nothing more than to pick at him with embarrassing questions and make it more into a hit piece, similar to Dana's E:60 piece. Yeah, fans wanna know this stuff, but ALL of the quesitons were negative ones. Don't blame big Tim at all for this.

I mean, the guy could have at LEAST asked a couple positive questions, but the most postive question was whether or not he planned on training anywhere else but with miletich.

Props to Tim for just walking away from this one.

Post #2   9/16/09 5:47:40PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
I dont blame him one bit for walking away from this, all the interviewer wanted to do is try and humiliate him. Love or hate Tim he has done alot in his career and deserves more respect, especially since he took time to atempt the interview for their website.

Post #3   9/16/09 6:17:20PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:796-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Tims a decent guy, people should cut him some slack. He probably could of got pissed off and stormed away from the interview, it would of been acceptable imo. But he was still cool about it and even apologised for leaving.

Post #4   9/16/09 9:40:56PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
well the questions are worded very carefully to sound neutral but the underlying theme of the article is "how do you feel about being fat and washed up." I don't blame him for not taking this, I doubt that any answers he gave could possibly have portrayed him in a positive light.

Post #5   9/16/09 11:11:04PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Glad to see people supporting Tim's decision. I would love to know the answers to these questions, but I agree that they are condescending in nature and could probably only come off negatively.

Post #6   9/16/09 11:49:50PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
Good for you Tim, that interviewer was a douche

Post #7   9/17/09 12:32:12AM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:
Tim gets a lot of crap and he deserves a good portion of it,but the majority of those questions were WAY out of line.I wouldn't have done that interview either.Good for Tim for turning them down,and doing so in a classy manner.He was the bigger man (no pun intended).

WB.

Post #8   9/17/09 3:36:19AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
bad thing is fighters might see this and now might not wanna do interviews for fighters.com

Post #9   9/17/09 9:34:46AM