Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Do you consider joe rogan a good commentator?

Print  
Do you like joe rogan as UFC commentator?
Yes 99 93%
No 8 7%
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,500-932
Chips:

Posted by debo5341

he definetly knows his stuff, but why does every good fight he commentates, he yells...O HE GOT ROCKED, or o hes a little rocked. No Joe Rogan, hes a little unconcious. But definetly better than listening to Randy.

I used to think it was a little over the top, but now I actually kind of look forward to the patented Rogan "he got rocked!!!". He just gets excited and loves MMA, that's all there is to his tagline

Post #16   1/19/07 12:04:40PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
his blogs are amazing...!!

www.joerogan.net

makes me laugh

Post #17   1/19/07 12:49:56PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
I don't know all of the facts, but his argument with that "crazy" women made him seem like such an asshole.

Post #18   1/19/07 1:24:20PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Are you talking about the heckling situation on the vids from youtube and such?

That bitch got what she deserved.

Post #19   1/19/07 3:39:54PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

I used to think it was a little over the top, but now I actually kind of look forward to the patented Rogan "he got rocked!!!". He just gets excited and loves MMA, that's all there is to his tagline

I agree. It just semms like it fly's out of his mouth. I don't like it when it seems like announcers have been saving a line to drop, or planning what they say. He's just a fan saying what he feels like when he gets excited.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #20   1/19/07 6:08:18PM   

Nacho

MMA Regular

Nacho Avatar

Career:137-83
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I think Joe adds a lot with his enthusiasm. He has a strange chemistry with Goldberg. It seems like Joe is silently laughing at him. My favorite comments are when they try to over plug the sponsors like "check out that kick right here on Spike TV!" Followed by Joe "He got rocked!"

Post #21   1/20/07 5:07:09AM   

tmccomas

Learning to Sprawl

Career:36-28
Camp: Warrior's Edge
Chips:
It wouldn't be the same witout Joe. This was obvious on the two events where he was absent. No one is more knowledgable about the fighters and the game that also has mastered the art of articulating such during a bout. He's excited, animated, and knows what he's talking about. No one does it better!

Post #22   1/20/07 10:46:42PM   

evilslutt

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I agree with you. Somehow it's like announcing the fighters with Adam Sandler as the announcer instead of Bruce. With upcoming fights, I also look forward to his enthusiasm during the fights and how well he knows the fighters.

Post #23   1/22/07 1:12:23AM   

XxXdragonXxX

Learning to Sprawl

XxXdragonXxX Avatar

Career:137-83
Chips:
I like the team of Rogan and Goldberg.

The great thing about Rogan is that he has knowledge of MMA and he's an experienced TV show host...it's not often that you get a commentator that has experience both in commentating and the sport that they are covering.

Goldberg is goofy, but I like him.

I don't know if I could imagine a UFC these days without Rogan's "He's rocked" and Goldberg's "It is all over!"

Post #24   1/22/07 5:04:47AM   

Beenosworld

banned

Beenosworld Avatar

Career:156-99
Chips:
the man knows his shit
ckeck out his myspace funnies shit i ever seen

Post #25   1/22/07 12:14:46PM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
I like Joe. Knows his stuff. Came to apprciate him even more after American Pride.

Post #26   1/23/07 4:29:48PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Joe still plucks my nerves. But the thing about him is, he loves the sport. He loves fights. He once said. "I pull over and watch two guys fighting on the side of the road."

He gets excited and starts yelling, "He's got it, so and so is in trouble. HE'S GOT IT SUNK. HE HAS IT. Oh, he slipped out." But you can't deny his love for the sport

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #27   1/23/07 5:19:19PM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
It's fun to watch Joe's eyes while interviewing fighter's as he get's more and more drunk as the night carries on.

Post #28   1/24/07 4:55:49AM   

bigdaveyb

Learning to Sprawl

bigdaveyb Avatar

Career:27-14
Chips:

Posted by strikefirstgear

I saw an old UFC event from long ago the other day and 5 minutes of listening to the commentators made me really appreciate Rogan, Couture and even Goldberg.

His history as a kickboxing competetor and current involvement in MMA makes him the best in the business.

All come on man, you didn't like listening to Jim Brown trying to figure out what Royce was doing when in the cage!!!! It is hilarious to go back and listen to it. Of course I didn't have a clue what Royce was doing either.

Joe is a good commentator. We have to remember that we (spectators at home) can sometimes get a better view of the action then he does, so he might make a comment on something we see is not the case. I also don't know if he smokes crack and that's why he likes the term "rocked"? Just kidding.

Last edited 1/24/07 7:54AM server time by bigdaveyb
Edit note/reason: Wrong quote

Post #29   1/24/07 7:50:51AM   

freakozoid

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Joe Rogan has been in UFC for a period of time and I think without him, fights aren't complete. He's got some good knowledge about the fighters and that's a big factor.

Post #30   1/24/07 12:05:03PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4