Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Do you consider joe rogan a good commentator?

Print  
Do you like joe rogan as UFC commentator?
Yes 99 93%
No 8 7%
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

grappler-80

Learning to Sprawl

grappler-80 Avatar

Career:14-8
Chips:
I used to not really like joe rogan much, figured he was just another hollywood guy with his fear factor show and whatnot, but over the last year or so i've come to respect him more and more as i've learned that hes really jsut a die-hard mma fan himself and can (from what i hear) throw down himself, seriously. even still, want to poll everyone here and see if they are pro-joe or anti-joe. his voice can be a little loud sometimes (that makes me sound like an old man hah) but i'm pro-joe now.

Post #1   1/14/07 6:20:36PM   

Omega

Go TEAM!!! or I will kill you.

Omega Avatar

Career:482-300
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
We used to have a Joe Rogan drinking game. Now he's actually doing well. Now we drink to Goldberg.

Post #2   1/14/07 6:51:27PM   

evilslutt

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
In the past, they just say stuff they're not even aware of. Those hilarious stuff or attention grabbing things that come in their heads. But now, he became a bit more focused in the game and I admire his commenting.

What I really hate being in the commentor's table and making interviews were Frank Shamrock and Ricco Rodriguez.

Last edited 1/14/07 6:58PM server time by evilslutt
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   1/14/07 6:57:33PM   

camzaro28

Learning to Sprawl

camzaro28 Avatar

Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Rogan is the best commentator for the UFC, IMO. I hope he sticks around for a few more years

Post #4   1/14/07 7:13:20PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,400-860
Chips:

Posted by Omega

Now we drink to Goldberg.

Amen to that, Rogan is a true fan. I used to rip on Goldie more... but since I heard about the large contract he turned down to commentate on "pro" wrestling I'm actually starting to think that maybe he's an MMA fan as well, even if Joe knows his stuff a bit better. I've read MANY a thread on other MMA forums documenting the silly things Goldie has said

Post #5   1/14/07 9:55:01PM   

HANKtheTANK

Learning to Sprawl

HANKtheTANK Avatar

Career:209-128
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
I've always thought rogan was good. Hes knowledgeable about the fight game. A lot more than what i can of others.

especially after having to endure the Shockwave commeentating, Rogan is brilliant

and his stand up comedy is pretty damn good

Post #6   1/14/07 10:20:23PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by grappler-80

I used to not really like joe rogan much, figured he was just another hollywood guy with his fear factor show and whatnot, but over the last year or so i've come to respect him more and more as i've learned that hes really jsut a die-hard mma fan himself and can (from what i hear) throw down himself, seriously. even still, want to poll everyone here and see if they are pro-joe or anti-joe. his voice can be a little loud sometimes (that makes me sound like an old man hah) but i'm pro-joe now.

What you here is correct, he is best friends with Eddie Bravo and he is competent with BJJ himself recently recieving his brown belt from Bravo (take it for what it's worth)

He is the best the UFC have at the moment, he is knowledgable, understands the game properly and seems like a genuinely good guy.

Post #7   1/15/07 8:35:59AM   

em3

Learning to Sprawl

Career:87-60
Chips:
He's good because you can tell he's into the sport, which is alway good.

The only negative is sometimes his commentating degrades into stuff you would say if you were watching it at home with your friends. He has the same problem on show too, when he starts getting bleeped because he's so casual.

Doesn't really bother me, but I like him on the PPVs. Haven't heard "He's ROCKED!" enough in the past few events.

Post #8   1/15/07 12:10:51PM   

pitbull

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
I agree, very entertaining commentator.

He actually sounds genuinly enthusiastic about the sport and the fighters.

The Fear Factor is a big show also, so I also hope he keeps working for the UFC.

Post #9   1/15/07 2:14:55PM   

Vatic

Learning to Sprawl

Vatic Avatar

Career:145-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
You guys have to go to his "MySpace" site. Joe's a hell of a comedian too. He has some clips of his stand up bits you can watch. Funny stuff.
Joe Rogan MySpace

Post #10   1/15/07 2:42:11PM   

sbwarner

Learning to Sprawl

sbwarner Avatar

Career:133-70
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I have never really had a problem with him, sometimes he can be annoying but he knows what he is talking about.

Post #11   1/15/07 5:32:04PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I like the fact that he just seems like a fan who got his dream job.His knowledge is excellent , I think that's what makes him entertaining.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #12   1/15/07 10:00:07PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Rogan is by far the best in all MMA, it always sucked when he wasn't there and we had to listen to Randy with Goldberg. I love couture as a fighter but he's a male librarian in his headset.

Post #13   1/16/07 2:15:48AM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:
I saw an old UFC event from long ago the other day and 5 minutes of listening to the commentators made me really appreciate Rogan, Couture and even Goldberg.

His history as a kickboxing competetor and current involvement in MMA makes him the best in the business.

Post #14   1/17/07 2:04:43AM   

debo5341

Learning to Sprawl

debo5341 Avatar

Career:6-2
Chips:
he definetly knows his stuff, but why does every good fight he commentates, he yells...O HE GOT ROCKED, or o hes a little rocked. No Joe Rogan, hes a little unconcious. But definetly better than listening to Randy.

Last edited 1/19/07 11:55AM server time by DEBO5341
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   1/19/07 11:55:38AM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4