Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

GUILLARD BREAKS DOWN DIAZ

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Melvin Guillard, 5-3 in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, headlines UFC Fight Night 19 on Sept. 16 against The Ultimate Fighter 5 winner Nate Diaz, and Guillard believes he has the style and game plan to come away with victory.

The New Orleans native would like to keep the fight standing where he feels he could score a knockout.

"As far as Nate, there's been rumors that he's been begging Dana White and Joe Silva to get him somebody that he can stand up and bang with. I'm going to see if he's a man of his word," Guillard told MMAWeekly.com. "If he really wants to get in there, we can get us the Fight of the Night, or hopefully I get a Knockout of the Night if he really wants to get in there and stand up and bang."

Link

Post #1   9/13/09 12:13:57PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Not sure if Diaz should try and bang it out when he has such an advantage on the ground. Could be a good fight if he decides to, but that is the only place that Guillard has a chance.

Post #2   9/13/09 6:00:41PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Diaz takes a beating when he fights looking for the submission. Don't think he's fought anyone who hits as hard as Melvin. I'm picking Nate, but I'm keeping an eye out for that KO from Guillard.

Post #3   9/13/09 6:08:17PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
I think that Diaz is gonna take him down and sub him, but I wouldnt be suprised to see Melvin KO him

Post #4   9/13/09 7:00:43PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
I know it's not the popular opinion, but I actually think Melvin is gonna win this fight. I think Nate's gonna get caught with a big punch.

Post #5   9/13/09 7:12:12PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Diaz takes a beating when he fights looking for the submission. Don't think he's fought anyone who hits as hard as Melvin. I'm picking Nate, but I'm keeping an eye out for that KO from Guillard.

We all know Nick has a chin and I'm not convinced on Nate's yet. I really doubt Diaz will strictly strike, only to set up takedowns or to pull guard.

Post #6   9/13/09 11:47:56PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by gartface

We all know Nick has a chin and I'm not convinced on Nate's yet. I really doubt Diaz will strictly strike, only to set up takedowns or to pull guard.

If you recall Nate was knocked unconscious by Pellegrino when he was in the crucifix position. I don't think his chin is nearly as good as his brother's.

Post #7   9/14/09 7:25:40AM