Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Henderson holds out for more money, Anderson Silva

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
“I’m holding firm for what I think I deserve. I think I’ve earned that…. If they sign me I’ll fight who they want me to fight. Even if I get Silva now, after I beat him Marquardt would be the top contender, so I’d have to fight him next. Beat him now or beat him later, it doesn’t matter. I’ll have to fight [Nate] Marquardt eventually…. If I was the UFC I wouldn’t waste a fight between [me and Marquardt]. If they want challengers for the middleweight belt they shouldn’t want one of us to beat the other…. It all depends on Anderson Silva,” Henderson said. “If he’s not going to fight until April, I don’t want to wait that long. But I’ll do what I have to do to fight him…. I’m getting in shape like I’m going to fight,” Henderson said. “I want to stay in the UFC.”

Former number one middleweight contender, Dan Henderson, hopes to re-sign a new contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) soon and rematch reigning division champion, Anderson Silva.

Link

Post #1   9/12/09 12:29:37PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
He is right. Dan gets his shot Nate gets his whats so hard about that? The only thing I can think is Nate not wanting to wait till early 2010 for his next fight. Dan not only beat Bisping he destroyed him BRUTAL. As did Nate. But Dan was told win and the shot is yours, The UFC shouldn't go back on that. Anderson has 2 tuff challengers in Dan and Nate if he wants to drop the 185 strap and fight 205 then thats fine he needs to denfend agianst these two guys or move on.

Post #2   9/12/09 12:57:59PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
Dan's afraid of losing to Marquardt. He's never ducked anyone before.

Post #3   9/12/09 1:58:15PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,522-905
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

But Dan said he was gonna beat Silva.....So by your logic Dan (who lost to Silva as soon as Silva decided to end him) is scared of Nate (who also got demolished by Silva) but he is not afraid of Anderson (who destroys everyone he fights)?

That's an ineresting way to look at it.

Post #4   9/12/09 3:36:37PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

And you know this how?

I seriously doubt Hendo is afraid of anyone. He deserves the shot at Silva first. He was told he was going to get the shot if he beat Bisping. Marquardt should be next in line for whoever wins that fight. Hendo is right, if the UFC is smart they would not want Marquardt or Hendo to knock the other guy out of contention. If you get Henderson v. Silva, and Marquardt v. Winner you get two good title fights rather than a contender fight that really doesn't need to happen and one title fight.
Both guys deserve a shot at a rematch with Anderson IMO.

The layoff between fights does become a problem for Marquardt if he has to wait.

Post #5   9/12/09 3:47:48PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,413-1,434
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Dan is definitely not afraid of Nate. Doesnt make sense that hes wanting to fight the best in the world but not somone who he could beat? Keep the dumb comments to yourself.

Post #6   9/12/09 3:55:50PM   

Brain_Smasher

Banned

Brain_Smasher Avatar

Career:761-379
Chips:
I think the UFC is right in making Dan fight Nate. They both already fought Silva. There is no reason to line up a ton of rematches. The winner moves on the lose dont. Then they prevents 1 rematch. Silva has had 1 rematch with Franklin. There is no need to add Nate and Hendo to the list in Silvas short UFC career. If both get another shot then that would mean we dont see Silva fight anyone different until almost 2011. So the next year would be tied up with old fights. pointless. Dan and nate fight for who gets a second chance and let the division move on.

Post #7   9/12/09 4:54:07PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
Almost all re/negotiation is done after a loss or in the midst of a contract .

UFC most likely offered dan a contract extension before he fought bisping or ...

thought he was overpaid and planned to negotiate after he lost .

Since dan was already doing TUF , they couldnt freeze him out like arlovski/huerta etc.

Is UFC willing to risk letting Dan go to strikeforce ?

Considering the money UFC put into hyping Dan on tuf and the mainstream appeal he's gotten from the knocking the f*** out bisping , I'll say no .

Dan has UFC by the balls and is smart to hold out for more money .

Post #8   9/12/09 5:15:47PM   

NeaRMisS

MMA Regular

Career:69-53
Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

UFC most likely offered dan a contract extension before he fought bisping or ...

Since dan was already doing TUF , they couldnt freeze him out like arlovski/huerta etc.

Considering the money UFC put into hyping Dan on tuf and the mainstream appeal he's gotten from the knocking the f*** out bisping , I'll say no .

Great post. I agree 100%. Time for him to start thinking of the money ^_^.

Post #9   9/12/09 5:21:00PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
At the end of the day, Dan had his shot at Anderson. And he lost. Same goes for Nate. So for either fighter to say they think they shouldnt have to fight the other and go straight to Anderson is ridiculus imo. Unless Dan was specifically told by the UFC brass he was getting a shot after beating Bisping, he should just man up and take on Nate.

Post #10   9/12/09 5:33:22PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

This is absolutely the case, props to you my man.

Post #11   9/12/09 6:00:26PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
dan wants tito money

he can either hold out and fight in april against silva or fight again sooner but it would be against nate at 185 or maybe even belfort or wandy silva at 195

Post #12   9/12/09 8:27:02PM   

mshalosky

Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar

Career:362-216
Chips:

At the end of the day, Dan had his shot at Anderson. And he lost. Same goes for Nate. So for either fighter to say they think they shouldnt have to fight the other and go straight to Anderson is ridiculus imo. Unless Dan was specifically told by the UFC brass he was getting a shot after beating Bisping, he should just man up and take on Nate.

First of all hendo has earned his shot he beat palahares(misspelled) franklin and bisbing in consecutive fights. and he took the first rd in their fight easily. second of all it was publicly announced that hendo was getting the next shot. and third if they have these to fight who will step up in the middleweight division to fight anderson next? these 2 are the obvious top 2 contenders so eliminating one would put no one in line for the next shot at the title and someone that doesnt deserve it will get the shot. and it puts one of them back at the long road back to the top contender spot.

Post #13   9/12/09 8:54:02PM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,887-1,178
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This thread makes me smile Silva should fight the winner of these two

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #14   9/12/09 9:00:47PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

I'll drink that kool-aid. Hendo FTW.

Post #15   9/12/09 11:24:33PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2