Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Aleksander Emilianenko Up For Grabs

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Aleksander Emelianenko, the younger brother of Fedor, is back on the market for a new fight after announcing on his website Thursday his withdrawal from a Sept. 29 fight in South Korea.

Citing the lack of dialogue from the promoter regarding an opponent, Emelianenko has pulled out of the Fighting Mixed Combative 2 card and is accepting proposals right away so that he can return to action "as soon as possible."

STORY

Post #1   9/11/09 8:28:31AM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Aleksander Emelianenko, the younger brother of Fedor, is back on the market for a new fight after announcing on his website Thursday his withdrawal from a Sept. 29 fight in South Korea.

Citing the lack of dialogue from the promoter regarding an opponent, Emelianenko has pulled out of the Fighting Mixed Combative 2 card and is accepting proposals right away so that he can return to action "as soon as possible."

STORY

He might talk alot of ****, but Aleks is a good heavyweight who is always fun to watch. If the UFC can find a place for Rothwell, there is certainly room for Aleks.

Aleks would become a fan fav in my opinion. The fight against James Thompson is one of the best fights ever.

Post #2   9/11/09 12:17:34PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by tomp6581

Posted by emfleek

STORY

He might talk alot of ****, but Aleks is a good heavyweight who is always fun to watch. If the UFC can find a place for Rothwell, there is certainly room for Aleks.

Aleks would become a fan fav in my opinion. The fight against James Thompson is one of the best fights ever.

But can he ever make it over our boraders.

Post #3   9/11/09 12:19:49PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by tomp6581

Posted by emfleek

STORY

But can he ever make it over our borders.

I doubt he will ever fight on US soil but he could always fight in the increasingly more frequent UFC events abroad. There are a 4-5 events in Europe and Canada annually now and are still planning more expansion. The UFC has every opportunity to sign him and get him to fight on a regular basis. Its all up to if Dana wants to deal with the extra work.

Post #4   9/11/09 1:55:34PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I know he has a problem fighting in the US but why? Is it because of a criminal record in Russia. I know his tattoos reflect time in prison and possibly the russian mob(stars on shouldersand knees) Or is because of his non existant hepititis?

Post #5   9/11/09 8:30:21PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by postman

Posted by tomp6581

Posted by emfleek

STORY

But can he ever make it over our borders.

I doubt he will ever fight on US soil but he could always fight in the increasingly more frequent UFC events abroad. There are a 4-5 events in Europe and Canada annually now and are still planning more expansion. The UFC has every opportunity to sign him and get him to fight on a regular basis. Its all up to if Dana wants to deal with the extra work.

Then you ask a guy to fight for you but you can never become Champ. There is no way you HW Champ can't fight in the states.

Post #6   9/11/09 9:16:03PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
if he got to the point where he was in line for a title shot im guessing the UFCs team of lawyers would get on him being granted a license. but then again thats probably not worth the hassle to them and theyll just let him go elsewhere, japan more than likely as hes spoken out about m-1(or those involved with it) fairly recently.

Post #7   9/11/09 9:19:12PM   

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
Ive always liked Aleksander but i don't see the UFC looking at him anytime soon. Then again i could be wrong. They might pick him up as a way to get Fedor eventually if Aleksander puts on a good show. I think if he stays clean he can do really good in his return. The wellness policy is tight in the UFC so thats another reason why they might not pick him up.

Post #8   9/11/09 10:02:51PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
It would be pretty interesting if the UFC signed Alex.
I would like to see how he would stack up against the UFC HW division.

Post #9   9/12/09 2:31:07PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
He should've been the Super Hulk replacement.

Post #10   9/12/09 11:29:16PM