Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anderson Interest In A Couture Match

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,486-770
Chips:
Anderson by rd 1 KO its not even close

Post #16   9/10/09 9:28:30PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
I think Randy could make it out of the first round but he would definetly be KO'd in the 2nd. This fight shouldn't happen based on the fact that I have to argue whether Randy would make it out of the first. It seems that these days fighters want to fight Randy not because it would be a competetive fight that would propel them towards a title but because it's a type of "badge of honor". Only really good guys have victories over Couture and the respect for the man in the MMA community is off the charts. It's almost like people gain something by just getting in the ring with him.

Post #17   9/10/09 11:03:21PM   

d_enq

Learning to Sprawl

d_enq Avatar

Career:1,255-692
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by zephead

It'll be a interesting fight. How will Anderson deal with someone that will press him, clinch, dirty box and take him down.

It would go exactly like Anderson vs Henderson.....except Couture doesnt have 1/4th the chin or power in his hands Dan has...in other words, Couture is almost guaranteed to lose

I disagree, Hendo is willing to stand with anybody, even when it is the best option to use his wrestling to get the fight to the ground.

Randy is smarter than this and would use his wrestling as much as possible. That being said, know way in hell would I ever pick randy in this fight, Anderson is to fast and has to great of accuracy to not catch him atleast once, and that is all it would take.

Post #18   9/11/09 2:27:16PM   

Tseka

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1-2
Chips:
This is why most MMA fans are stupid, you're judging the chances by comparing their last fight results.

Here's the actual facts and reasons why Randy would have a better chance than any of Anderson's previous opponents:

1) Dan Henderson won a round against Anderson
-Now I know that's a stupid point and he lost in a dominating fashion, but hear me out...

A) If Anderson and Couture fight, it'll most definitely be in a 3 round fight, that gives Anderson less time to KO/Submit him

And all the people saying Henderson had a better chance.... no.

Couture's a better striker than Henderson, which doesn't mean a lot against someone like Anderson- but it'll help him set up a lot of take downs. Also, Couture has way better submission defense than Anderson, and he's also bigger and strong.

B) If Nogueira couldn't submit Couture, neither could Anderson.

So if Anderson won't be able to submit Couture, he'll only have 3 rounds to have a chance to KO him, and Couture could stop that with a take down.

Could Couture take Anderson down?

If Henderson could, so could Couture since they're practically at the same level of effective Greco-Roman in MMA(I know Henderson has better credentials.)
_______

So to put it analytically, I consider Couture the stylistic favorite because

A) He would easily take Anderson down and would avoid being submitted with superior submission defense than Henderson and same level take downs
B) It's a 3-round fight, enhancing Couture's chance for grinding out a decision so he won't get knocked out.
C) He's one of the few fighters who's possibly better than Anderson in the clinch.

Couture by UD via Lay n' Pray.

Post #19   9/13/09 9:17:56PM   

Doneskiis

MMA Regular

Doneskiis Avatar

Career:245-173
Chips:
yea i dont see randy winning this fight. anderson is to quick for him and the fight would end by anderson knocking him out

Post #20   9/14/09 4:08:46PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:

Posted by Tseka

This is why most MMA fans are stupid, you're judging the chances by comparing their last fight results.

Here's the actual facts and reasons why Randy would have a better chance than any of Anderson's previous opponents:

1) Dan Henderson won a round against Anderson
-Now I know that's a stupid point and he lost in a dominating fashion, but hear me out...

A) If Anderson and Couture fight, it'll most definitely be in a 3 round fight, that gives Anderson less time to KO/Submit him

And all the people saying Henderson had a better chance.... no.

Couture's a better striker than Henderson, which doesn't mean a lot against someone like Anderson- but it'll help him set up a lot of take downs. Also, Couture has way better submission defense than Anderson, and he's also bigger and strong.

B) If Nogueira couldn't submit Couture, neither could Anderson.

So if Anderson won't be able to submit Couture, he'll only have 3 rounds to have a chance to KO him, and Couture could stop that with a take down.

Could Couture take Anderson down?

If Henderson could, so could Couture since they're practically at the same level of effective Greco-Roman in MMA(I know Henderson has better credentials.)
_______

So to put it analytically, I consider Couture the stylistic favorite because

A) He would easily take Anderson down and would avoid being submitted with superior submission defense than Henderson and same level take downs
B) It's a 3-round fight, enhancing Couture's chance for grinding out a decision so he won't get knocked out.
C) He's one of the few fighters who's possibly better than Anderson in the clinch.

Couture by UD via Lay n' Pray.

You forget the fact that Henderson has a rock solid chin and Randy's is questionable. To even get to the clinch or in for a take down he will eat something hard. It doesn't matter if he's a better striker than Henderson or not because Anderson is light years better than both of them in striking.

Post #21   9/14/09 4:20:31PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2