Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Henderson Not Currently Signed to UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Shootin down a rumor. Dan Henderson won't fight Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in his next fight. In fact, his next fight might not be in the UFC...

STORY

Post #1   9/9/09 2:42:57PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Well that sucks.

It would be a serious mistake if the UFC doesnt re-sign him.

Post #2   9/9/09 2:46:38PM   

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
not sure I trust this. The UFC isn't in the habit of having it's top fighters fight the last fight on their contract without renewing first.

Post #3   9/9/09 4:26:51PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
I'm not gonna say I want Hendo to leave but I like the idea of a top fighter or two leaving. I dont want the UFC to monopolize the entire game, other organizations need top fighters too and everyone already knows the UFC = NHL. I'd be pissed if I was Hendo, hes easily next in line (sorry Marquardt fans or sympathizers) and Dans getting the cold shoulder here not getting the shot, having to rematch Lil Nog and in England of all places to someone he'd probably lose to again. What a weak deal, even Marquardt vs Hendo in Vegas would make more sense even though I dont agree with that matchup.

Best of luck to you Hendo, thanks for the greatest KO ever

Post #4   9/9/09 4:54:52PM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:
I don't really believe this either unless they really tried to force the Marquardt fight on him. Bloodyelbow isnt always the best source

Post #5   9/9/09 5:22:23PM   

1daveufc

Standup Guy

1daveufc Avatar

Career:612-433
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

I'm not gonna say I want Hendo to leave but I like the idea of a top fighter or two leaving. I dont want the UFC to monopolize the entire game, other organizations need top fighters too and everyone already knows the UFC = NHL. I'd be pissed if I was Hendo, hes easily next in line (sorry Marquardt fans or sympathizers) and Dans getting the cold shoulder here not getting the shot, having to rematch Lil Nog and in England of all places to someone he'd probably lose to again. What a weak deal, even Marquardt vs Hendo in Vegas would make more sense even though I dont agree with that matchup.

i get what your saying about monopolize the entire game but whats the story with england of all places?

Post #6   9/9/09 6:07:26PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by 1daveufc

Posted by EvenFlow

i get what your saying about monopolize the entire game but whats the story with england of all places?

Look at it this way, why embrace the bad guy image that the English fans would give him fighting in England? I also dont think he wants to fight a guy who already beat him and probably would again. Nothing against the English but the place might riot if Hendo won over there. Like I said none of those matchups make sense to me, and the one in England makes the least sense of the two because (1) Why fight overseas with less exposure and no ppv profit when you dont have to, no offense its just that America is the UFC's home (2) Possible jetlag (3) Theres noting really to gain from that fight except revenge and (4) Why deal with a fanbase who wants him to lose and will obviously boo him for knocking out a guy who deserved it.

Thats just my opinion on it.

Post #7   9/9/09 6:25:48PM   

cloud301336

MMA Regular

cloud301336 Avatar

Career:370-208
Chips:
umm if he was a free agent how come he was slated to fight franklin a second time???? doesn't make sense to me?

Post #8   9/9/09 7:04:31PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
given the fact he fought will out signing new contract i doubt it
dana would not let him walk or fight his last fight on old contract without a new one already to go
hendo is smart he would stay with the ufc anyways

Post #9   9/9/09 7:26:40PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Im sorry to say it but f*ck the UFC, they promise him a title shot if he does the show and wins. What does he do? He goes out and smashes Bisping, and now they wont give him his shot. Go to Strikeforce and take their MW strap and get more money doing it. At least thats what I'd feel like doing, their showing him no respect if this report is true.

Post #10   9/9/09 11:37:03PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
They were probably hoping he would lose to bisping so they could cut a good chunk of his contract money before they resigned him. Sucks but hopefully they get the deal done and hes back in the UFC

Post #11   9/10/09 5:52:05AM