Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Stay tuned: UFC's new TV deal in U.K. will be monitored by U.S. television execs

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
At first blush, the UFC's newly announced deal with a broadcast television network in the United Kingdom would seem to have no impact upon fans in the United States.

It would be understandable if U.S. fans were to say, "Who cares?" about the UFC's announcement that it reached a programming deal with FIVE, a broadcast network that is the U.K.'s equivalent of CBS.

But have no doubt that network television executives in the U.S. will be paying very close attention to how well the UFC's offerings perform in the U.K.

STORY

Post #1   9/9/09 8:35:17AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
hell, the US tv programmers steal half of their shows from the uk as it is already. if the ufc was smart they would have gotten a network deal done with the uk long ago because that makes it that much easier to get a us network deal.

Post #2   9/9/09 9:32:32AM   

cloud301336

MMA Regular

cloud301336 Avatar

Career:370-208
Chips:
what does this mean? do UK people get free UFC events all time? i never really understood the impact it would have if the UFC on a network deal. anyone wanna enlighten me?

Post #3   9/9/09 9:34:47AM   

1daveufc

Standup Guy

1daveufc Avatar

Career:612-433
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by cloud301336

what does this mean? do UK people get free UFC events all time? i never really understood the impact it would have if the UFC on a network deal. anyone wanna enlighten me?

As far a i see it its just highlights of past shows a bit like ufc wired and unleashed.

Post #4   9/9/09 6:11:45PM