Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Maynard's got the plan to beat Huerta

Print  
Posted By Message

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:
"As the lightweight division awaits the next title defense by champion B.J. Penn in December, the list of contenders is constantly growing. The choice for the next top 155-pound contender could be crowned on Sept. 16 when Gray Maynard goes for his sixth win in a row when he faces Roger Huerta at UFC Fight Night 19 in Oklahoma.

Maynard’s string of wins includes victories over Frankie Edgar, Jim Miller, and Rich Clementi. He's hoping to tack Huerta onto the list in what could be the budding actor’s final fight with the UFC. It's no secret that Huerta has expressed his desire to venture onto the silver screen and the fight against Maynard is the last on his current fight contract."

LINK

I like Maynard a lot. This sound be a good fight.

Post #1   9/8/09 8:25:39AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
THis fight is gonna be craaaazy. Either guy has what it takes to win this fight, but I think if Maynard can get him down, he'll be able to grind out a decision.

Post #2   9/8/09 9:40:21AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Maynard is going to give him a bully beatdown, hehe.

Post #3   9/8/09 2:12:23PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
I have a feeling that this is going to be the FOTN. If it wasnt for Huerta being on his way out this should have been the main event IMO.

Post #4   9/8/09 2:48:24PM   

kaskd

MMA Regular

kaskd Avatar

Career:1,207-662
Chips:

"I want it where they come to me and it's like, ‘hey, we want this.’ I don't want to have to ask, it's like, 'please Dana, Joe, give this to me, please," Maynard said. "I hate asking for stuff. I'm not going to ask them for nothing. I want (them) to ask me, 'hey, you're doing great and it’s time.' And of course I'll say yes."

Thank you! I'm so sick of the begging for title fights. The fans, and especially the organizers know where a person lies in the standings. I understand you want a title fight and probably deserve it, but begging for it lowers them a little in my eyes. That's why I respect Fitch so much. The road he traveled for his one shot was such a quiet one, and yet he never complained. Instead he kicked ass and took names. Maynard gets more props from me.

Post #5   9/8/09 7:22:59PM