Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Gegard Mousasi: 'Paulo Filho is a little donkey on steroids'

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
“What happened when [Filho] came to America, he got beat up really bad. Now he’s back in Japan and he feels like a kid in a candy story. He can use all kinds of steroids and I think the steroids have gone to his head. He didn’t perform the same as he does in Japan as he does in America and now he suddenly has a big mouth again. I would say that he’s a little donkey on steroids. He thinks he’s a running horse but he’s more like a little pony. I really believe that he used steroids. He also backed out a couple of times when he had to fight Chael Sonnen. He said he was crazy. Maybe he is crazy, I don’t know. I think he wasn’t feeling very good mentally because he cannot use his magic stuff. I also fight in Japan and I don’t use anything. If there’s an athletic commission test, he can fight me everywhere, everywhere he wants.”

Link

Post #1   9/8/09 1:26:52AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,523-1,604
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Pretty messed up comments, but that is what happens in the war of words. Remember the BJ Penn comments about Sean Sherk. If these comments are based on facts though (Filho on steroids) then they are definately merrited. I hope they put this freak show fight on as Gegard really doesn't have much comp outside the UFC at LHW. It would be an easy win IMO and would just add to his hype machine.

Post #2   9/8/09 2:33:56AM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,493-773
Chips:
i think hendo accused filho of this aswell

Post #3   9/8/09 3:31:11AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
I always thought so, he fits the profile. I kno that sounds ignorant saying it like that, but I always persumed there was something else giving Filho strength.

Post #4   9/8/09 5:12:27AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,416-1,238
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Filho's PED usage is pretty much common knowledge after the past few years.

Mousasi nailed it.

Also, myself saying his PED usage is common knowledge isn't directly referring to hormone based supplements; as supplements like Ephedra (also an illegal PED) are just as likely to account for his lackluster performances when being tested.

On a side-note; I remember an article years ago, maybe even prior to Ephedra being a banned supplement, about many Chute Boxe members always using Ephedra prior to fights and how it is extremely common among Brazilian fighters.

Post #5   9/8/09 5:47:56AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
hahahaha, normally I think things like this are pretty disrespectful, but when it's an obvious situation like this involving someone like paulo filho, and a soft spoken guy like Mousasi, I can only laugh in agreement.

Post #6   9/8/09 6:36:18AM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
Well I guess we know who the first challenger to the Strikeforce LHW title will be.

Post #7   9/8/09 6:50:06AM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
It's funny how most MMA fans assume everyone who is not American cheats.

Post #8   9/8/09 7:38:37AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,416-1,238
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

It's funny how most MMA fans assume everyone who is not American cheats.

Considering that's not the case at all, and it's really not even on topic, I'm going to assume you're the one with the false assumption about fans.

To correlate lackluster performances in areas where fighters are tested (such as the US), versus heroic performances where there is not testing (as in most other countries), is not pigeon-holing non-American fighters as cheaters, especially considering American guys like Randleman are the ones most commonly used in those examples.

Your bias is making you see a bias that isn't even there

Post #9   9/8/09 7:57:23AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

On a side-note; I remember an article years ago, maybe even prior to Ephedra being a banned supplement, about many Chute Boxe members always using Ephedra prior to fights and how it is extremely common among Brazilian fighters.

Yup - Since ive started following MMA ive heard countless rumors - paticularly about chute box guys using not just Ephedra, but plenty of other growth hormones ect aswell. The only names from chute box/black house I dont recall being brandished at some point down the line are the Nogs and the Ruas.

Post #10   9/8/09 8:35:00AM   

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Kpro

Yup - Since ive started following MMA ive heard countless rumors - paticularly about chute box guys using not just Ephedra, but plenty of other growth hormones ect aswell. The only names from chute box/black house I dont recall being brandished at some point down the line are the Nogs and the Ruas.

That's funny because I've heard all kinds of rumors (and yes that's all they are) about Shogun and the rest of Chute Box using amphetamines in Japan thus giving them the ability to go non-stop at the frenetic paces they do.

Post #11   9/8/09 9:58:16AM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
LMAO donkey on steroids hahaha that is freakin hilarious, especially coming from a guy that is so laid back and don't seem to get to excited about anything. I didn't think I could like Mousasi anymore then I already do, but I do now, that was great. Also, remember Mousasi didn't start the flame war here Filho did, so he can just take it hahaha and have heard rumors on Filho befor about hgh and that is why a lot of guys don't come to fight in the US and that is why several US guys only fight over there. Mousasi would put a horrible beating on Filho, so I hope this fight happens soon

Post #12   9/8/09 12:54:10PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,342-746
Chips:
K guys I know Mousasi made the allegation but lets keep it toned down. As I'm sure you all know steroid allegations with out solid proof is against the rules.

Post #13   9/8/09 5:19:37PM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:

Posted by telnights

K guys I know Mousasi made the allegation but lets keep it toned down. As I'm sure you all know steroid allegations with out solid proof is against the rules.

I agree, there is no solid proof. And I'm not accusing anyone of taking steroids, but I would like to point out that Mousasi probably has alot better of an idea of who does and who does not use performance enhancing drugs in the MMA world than any fan does.

Post #14   9/8/09 8:00:47PM