Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Koscheck gets back to basics to face Trigg

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
For one of the most active fighters in the UFC, the last 7 months have been tough on Josh Koscheck not being able to fight, but he'll get his wish on Sept 19 when he welcomes former top welterweight contender, Frank Trigg, back to the Octagon when the two square off at UFC 103 in Dallas.

Following a tough loss to Paulo Thiago in February, Koscheck was slated to get back in action in May, but a broken bone in his foot forced him out of his scheduled fight. The time off did give the former NCAA champion a chance to open his new gym, American Kickboxing Academy of Fresno, and get back to the core training that made him the athlete that impressed everyone during the first season of the "Ultimate Fighter."

Link

Post #1   9/7/09 10:49:45AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,630
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
For all the fancy excercise routines that people develop, you just can't replace weight training. The strength and muscle endurance developed is unmatched. I really hope Kos comes out of this one victorious, I'd really like a good old GNP stoppage myself. I don't really think I have missed Trigg, Kos would be a loss to the UFC IMO.

Post #2   9/7/09 12:20:51PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

For all the fancy excercise routines that people develop, you just can't replace weight training. The strength and muscle endurance developed is unmatched. I really hope Kos comes out of this one victorious, I'd really like a good old GNP stoppage myself. I don't really think I have missed Trigg, Kos would be a loss to the UFC IMO.

I sort of agree with what you're saying, but at the same time I sort of don't. There are plenty of success stories like Troy Polamalu of the Steelers. There is a reason that 90% of professional athletes these days are switching to a more plyometric exercise routine. When you're young you can push weights around all day, but when you get older your ligaments and joints start to wear, and weight training puts a beat down on them.

That being said, I'd like to see Koscheck get back to his power wrestling days in order to see some more success in the Octagon. If weight training is what gives him the ability to do that, then more power to him.

Post #3   9/7/09 12:33:33PM   

kaskd

MMA Regular

kaskd Avatar

Career:1,183-655
Chips:
Finally! I have waited for Koscheck to say this for fights now. I am so happy Koscheck is going back to what got him into the UFC and will get him closer to a title fight. I can't believe it took so long for a wrestler to plan on wrestling again.

Post #4   9/7/09 8:43:58PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
After this they should give him a rematch with Paulo Thiago, after Alves knocks him out. The first fight was a very questionable stoppage and it sucks to see the better of the two fighters loses because of wanting to put on show bangin' etc. instead of sticking to their roots. Kos has the right mind set for this fight, easily the better wrestler and should be able to get out of any type of sub frank might have up his sleeve, he should go for the Trigg killin' RNC or some Gnp. I think Kos will come out determined to get a takedown and destroy Trigg early on, Frank has decent hands so thats about all he has to worry about imo.

Post #5   9/7/09 9:26:03PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I don't see much chance for Frank in this fight. Koscheck should be able to control where the fight takes place without too much trouble.

Post #6   9/8/09 6:52:34AM