Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC's dual division hopeful Brandon Vera wants the world to know his name

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
When then-heavyweight Brandon Vera stormed on to the UFC scene beginning in 2005 with four-straight stoppage victories, the California resident really did appear to be "The Truth."

Disappointing back-to-back losses to Fabricio Werdum and Tim Sylvia led to a drop to 205 pounds, and Vera's stated goals of earning titles in two divisions appeared to be forgotten.

Link

Post #1   9/4/09 7:54:21PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Finish a fight, then we might know who you are...as of right now, he's Decision Vera, or the Lie Vera.

Post #2   9/4/09 8:24:52PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by Hendo67

Finish a fight, then we might know who you are...as of right now, he's Decision Vera, or the Lie Vera.

He's only ever gone to a decision 5 timesin 14 fightsr! Vera at LHW is a force! I can't wait to see what he can do.

Last edited 9/4/09 8:42PM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #3   9/4/09 8:41:37PM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:
This is like the only story when you hear about Brandon Vera. "I want to win titles in TWO divisions!" Oh my, that so interesting. Too bad your past fights show that your not even close to accomplishing that.

I disliked him at HW and I think he's overrated at LHW (even though his last win was impressive.) What makes me the most angry is how much money he is getting paid compared to other guys.

Summary of Vera's future IMO
HW Couldn't handle it when UFC rejects like Sylvia and Werdum were in there, why do people think he can go against Lesnar, Carwin, Velasquez, ect.
LHW- Gatekeeper at best
MW- Since he has no chance getting a second belt a HW, he may start saying MW is an option but oh wait, Silva is there. Good luck with that.

Title Fight Breakdown
Brock Lesnar vs. Brandon Vera 1st round loss via GnP
Lyoto Machida vs. Bradon Vera 2nd round loss via KO (or worse)
Anderson Silva vs. Brandon Vera 1st round loss via KO

Vera is in a whole other world with his ego.

Post #4   9/5/09 12:07:57AM   

John_Jobber

MMA Regular

John_Jobber Avatar

Career:430-261
Chips:
There is no way Vera can hang with the new breed of monster heavies. I like him a LOT and LHW though. He's still pretty young and you can't hate him for talking up his game. Don't forget how fast he just pulled the K-Sauce train to a halt.

And whoever says he's not a finisher needs to watch a couple tapes...

Post #5   9/5/09 12:52:10PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,385-1,434
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
hendo and sinister..you guys are a joke..talkin like you guys know mma..your season(overall) record shows how much you guys really know..when Sylvia beat A.A. twice..and Werdum took A.A. to a decision and beat than ranked G.G. via tko..both of ya'll should just stop talkin..Vera isn't a beast at LHW..but he's damn good..re-up ya'll records than talk..cause as of right now..ya'll don't know jack..hahahah..

Post #6   9/5/09 12:56:20PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

hendo and sinister..you guys are a joke..talkin like you guys know mma..your season(overall) record shows how much you guys really know..when Sylvia beat A.A. twice..and Werdum took A.A. to a decision and beat than ranked G.G. via tko..both of ya'll should just stop talkin..Vera isn't a beast at LHW..but he's damn good..re-up ya'll records than talk..cause as of right now..ya'll don't know jack..hahahah..

Yeah man, clearly i don't know anything. I love how you're using "season records" to determine general knowledge of mma, congrats, have a cookie.

I got tons more props than you, so i must be saying something right.

Post #7   9/5/09 1:52:29PM