Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Muhammed Lawal Weighs Options Following Recent Mark Kerr Victory

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Muhammed Lawal defeated Mark Kerr last Friday at M-1 Global: Breakthrough in just 22 seconds, and the free agent is already looking towards his next fight. "King Mo" told FanHouse on Thursday that he is weighing offers from several organizations. He said there is a chance he will compete again for Sengoku, but not on their upcoming Sept. 23 event because "it's a smaller show."

Lawal added that he hopes to return to action come October or November, and that he still expects to be fighting in either the UFC or Strikeforce by the end of 2009.

STORY

Post #1   9/4/09 10:30:45AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,617-1,666
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I really think that Dream, Strikeforce or Senguko are the best options for him. The UFC LHW Div is so stacked right now that he faces larger risks if he signs, however with the other orgs he can continue to build his resume and skillset that way if/when he comes to the UFC he will be unquestionably ready to make his mark in the elite division. I see success in his future though for sure....big success!

Post #2   9/4/09 12:32:38PM   

roger

Standup Guy

roger Avatar

Career:675-413
Chips:
I think the crown and rose petals were a bit much. be he will be good in the future if he can keep his chin covered

Post #3   9/4/09 1:00:07PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I really think that Dream, Strikeforce or Senguko are the best options for him. The UFC LHW Div is so stacked right now that he faces larger risks if he signs, however with the other orgs he can continue to build his resume and skillset that way if/when he comes to the UFC he will be unquestionably ready to make his mark in the elite division. I see success in his future though for sure....big success!

So true. needs a bit more time in the cage before wanting to fight the likes of Machida, Rashad, Shogun...let alone the lower tier guys in the LHW division. I think guys like Hammil, Jones, O'Brien would even beat him. He has tons of potential.

Post #4   9/4/09 4:40:00PM