Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Yushin Okami Talks Anderson, Sonnen, Akiyama

Print  
Posted By Message

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
--- In preparation for your fight against Chael Sonnen, have you watched any video on him?

Yes. He is a so-called "American-style" fighter. Box for a bit and then tackle, hold the opponent, use elbows, and start pounding. He's a very strong fighter - probably the strongest opponent I have ever faced.

--- In the middleweight division, Anderson Silva is the biggest star. Did you watch his fight against Forrest Griffin at UFC 101?

Yes, it shocked me. I thought Anderson would win, but the way he won was unbelievable. Griffin is a former light heavyweight champ, but Anderson made it look like he was fighting a B-class fighter. People were talking bad after the fight versus Thales Leites, so Anderson must have wanted to prove something. You don't want to get him too upset (laughter).

--- One of your training partners, Yoshihiro Akiyama, fought and won against Alan Belcher in UFC 100. What did you think about the fight?

He was more aggressive than usual, moving forward with strikes. Even when his opponent came forward, he was striking from short distance. AKiyama-san was really determined. He got the takedowns at every important point and was able to score on the UFC judging criteria. There was no other Japanese middleweight fighters, so that fight served as big motivation for me.

LINK

Post #1   9/4/09 2:13:51AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,685-1,419
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
okami is way over due for a title shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #2   9/4/09 9:09:25AM   

GDK

MMA Regular

GDK Avatar

Career:1,755-1,199
Chips:
Poor Okami

Post #3   9/4/09 12:53:53PM