Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matt Hughes Versus Dennis Hallman Rematch Inevitable, Says Hallman’s Agent

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Fighters.com’s ninth-ranked heavyweight “The Natural” Randy Couture (16-10) wasn’t the only MMA legend UFC President Dana White locked up to retirement before UFC 102.

Welterweight Matt Hughes (41-7) signed a four-fight deal that sources inside Hughes’s camp tell Fighters.com Hughes expects to lead him into retirement.

Hughes won a unanimous decision over “Terror” Matt Serra (9-6) three months ago and White announced in a pre-UFC 102 presser that Hughes won’t return for at least another three months. Hughes was on hiatus for nearly an entire year before his UD over Serra.

STORY

Post #1   9/3/09 10:40:53AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,340-1,374
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I know its been years since their last fights but does anyone think that the outcome will change. I watched the first two fights last week and I think Hallman has Hughes number. Then again I havent seen Hallman fight forever. Is he still good?

Post #2   9/3/09 10:42:52AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Chips:
After sherdogging his record I realized hes won 13 of his last 16. Although not many were top notch competition, he still won them. LOL also I checked his 2nd fight with Trigg and it says Trigg beat him by TKO and in brackets says retirement but he fought 2 weeks later. Did he retire after this fight and pull a Randy and returned or is this a typo? Anyone see this fight?

Post #3   9/3/09 10:55:10AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

I know its been years since their last fights but does anyone think that the outcome will change. I watched the first two fights last week and I think Hallman has Hughes number. Then again I havent seen Hallman fight forever. Is he still good?

I absolutely believe the outcome would change. Hughes has fought top notch competition REGULARLY throughout his career since he last fought Hallman. Meanwhile, Hallman's opponents have a combined record that's not much better than .500.

I personally believe Hughes would dominate this time around.

Post #4   9/3/09 11:08:58AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Chips:
I didnt realize that sooooo much time has gone since the two have last fight and there is no disputing that Hughes has taken on tougher opponents and become an even fighter since the last time since its been ( years since the last on. Also, anyone think Hallman will fight Trigg a 3rd time? Depending on how Trigg does in his fight, I think he should face the winner or loser of Hughes/Hallman. I definitely think Hughes has a good shot of going 2 and 0 in his next 2 fights if these are them.

Post #5   9/3/09 11:13:16AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Maybe Hughes can get the feeling agian and hit the gym heart first!

Post #6   9/3/09 1:14:46PM