Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Henderson Wants Anderson Silva's UFC Title, Not Nate Marquardt

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The UFC middleweight division remains an utter mess. Champ Anderson Silva is so dominant that there is more fascination with his potential fights at 205lbs or maybe even heavyweight than at 185. And that leaves the two top contenders for his belt out in the cold.

STORY

Post #1   9/3/09 10:34:07AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,340-1,374
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I agree that the winner of Hendo and Marquardt should get the shot. Im just bitter Dana opened his mouth too soon and mentioned that Hendo would get the shot after Hendos win. Had he kept quiet about that then im sure no one would be disappointed with seeing winner of Marquardt/Hendo getting the shot now however, with people being told one thing, you get a lot of people feeling that they both deserve shots which is also somewhat hard to disagree with considering the two of their recent victoriess.

Post #2   9/3/09 11:04:05AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Lol. He wants to go up and fight the former HW champ, willing to fight anybody at LHW bar Machida and Dan thinks Anderson is scared to fight him? I dont buy it. Hendo will get knocked out this time.

Its not up to Dan who he fights. If the UFC want him to fight Nate he should just fight Nate. If hes such a threat to the Spider he shouldnt have to many problems taking on Marquadt.

Post #3   9/3/09 11:11:07AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Hendo will get knocked out this time.

I doubt that but, I agree, he'd lose.

Last edited 9/3/09 11:14AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   9/3/09 11:14:39AM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,762-939
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I like the idea of Hendo vs Marquardt though... they have both already lost to Anderson, so it makes the most sense to see who is most deserving of the shot.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #5   9/3/09 12:28:44PM   

fizzle

Standup Guy

fizzle Avatar

Career:181-103
Chips:
Yeah a fight between them makes sense, no one is disputing that, but it is wrong for Dana to promise Hendo a shot and then not back up his mouth. Its not fair to the fighters who go into a fight thinking they will earn their title shot and then don't. Nate vs Dan would be an awesome fight, but style make match ups and I think Henderson matches up better with Marquardt than he does against Silva and I really just want to see Nate get another shot. His first outting against Anderson was abysmal and he has been on a complete tear since then. Nate has evolved as a fighter and I would love to see him match up with the Spider ASAP. Dan has a solid chance against Anderson, but he did implement his game plan last time even if it was only for about a round and a half. We didn't really get to see Nate work his game because the Spider just overwhelmed him. I think Nate does better second time around. If Hendo doesn't get to choose his opponants, neither should the spider be able to take Joe Silva's job and dictate the match ups, undefeated or not, champion or not. Anderson should fight whoever they put in front of him, PERIOD.

Post #6   9/3/09 1:06:32PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
It's just Dana White wasn't expecting Nate to wreck Maia within the 1st minute of the first rd of their fight lol
momentum is behind Nate right now to push and market him

Post #7   9/3/09 2:40:23PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:992-648
Chips:
Man in a dream world I would love to see the 3 of them in the octagon and battle it out until 1 man is left standing !!!

Post #8   9/3/09 3:01:09PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i would rather watch a hendo vs silva rematch than marqudt rematch
think about it 105 is out no way they fight for title with 2 months notice

i still think this will happen at year end event in vegas
and it will be hendo unless belfort blasts past franklin in fashion
then it would be belfort vs silva