Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

'Cowboy’ up: Donald Cerrone talks Ben Henderson, TapouT House, and of course, Jamie Varner

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone has a few choice words for another World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) lightweight … and it isn’t his upcoming opponent, Ben Henderson, who he fights for the WEC interim lightweight strap five weeks from now.

As the featured guest on MMAmania.com’s exclusive presentation of Pro MMA Radio, “Cowboy” spent most of his time talking about the only fighter he’s ever lost to — and the man holding the “other” WEC lightweight belt — Jamie Varner.

STORY

Post #1   9/3/09 8:56:12AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I do believe I'm done being a Cowboy fan. This is just downright childish.

As for Leonard Garcia...he admits that he "woulda jumped that fool"...are you serious? Saying and doing are totally different things...I get that. But to even say it is very punk'ish.

Post #2   9/3/09 8:59:53AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
I listened to the PMR interview, it's hilarious. I think they call it gamesmanship. Cerrone thinks Varner is dodging him and backing out, so Cerrone calls him out. This is the kind of stuff WEC needs to build up and promote fights. I just wouldn't have done this interview by phone from a Chinese restaurant.

Post #3   9/3/09 9:33:23AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,171-1,277
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I went from a Cowboy fan to not a Cowboy fan after the last three or four interviews ive bseen him in. His disrespect towards Varner is laughable at how childish hes become. I hope Henderson beats him to "Humble Him" as Sheiky baby would say.

Post #4   9/3/09 10:39:15AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,177-1,222
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Everytime he mentions Varners name I like him less and less.

And its not possible for me to lose any more respect for Garcia.

Post #5   9/3/09 10:54:49AM