Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

For UFC 102's Chris Tuscherer, unanswered questions just as damaging as brutal groin shot

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
At this past weekend's UFC 102 event at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Ore., the groin shot hurt plenty badly. Plenty badly.

But even more frustrating for UFC newcomer Chris Tuscherer was the lack of answers he received from Oregon State Athletic Commission officials after opponent Gabriel Gonzaga tagged him with one of the worst groin shots in MMA history.

STORY

Post #1   9/3/09 8:46:33AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
it was pretty bad, he was about the throw chunks!!!
and when he was conversing on the ground, it was scary
i hope the ufc gives him another chance

Post #2   9/3/09 9:43:37AM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:
why would they call this the worst groin shot in MMA History, it did not look any different than the 50 other groin shots we have watched over and over in replays. It seems like it may have been the worst groin shot reaction in MMA History. I liked how Chris T was on the ground and Gonzo faked like he was going to let him up and then tagged him when he started to.

Post #3   9/3/09 10:19:46AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,171-1,277
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I agree that this may not have been the wrst groin shot in hostory but it did seem to give the most pain in crotch shot history. Chris showed tons of heart for even going through with the fight. I say he should be given one more shot as he refused to quit. Maybe against someone like Duffee, Al-Turk, Struve or even Hague?

Post #4   9/3/09 11:00:13AM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

I agree that this may not have been the wrst groin shot in hostory but it did seem to give the most pain in crotch shot history. Chris showed tons of heart for even going through with the fight. I say he should be given one more shot as he refused to quit. Maybe against someone like Duffee, Al-Turk, Struve or even Hague?

you are right he definitely should not be cut, he was unable to show his potential with his balls obstructing his right and left ventricles

Last edited 9/3/09 11:04AM server time by mcbee
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   9/3/09 11:03:53AM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,656-890
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
He still finished the fight although it was him who got finished.

Respect for staying in there like a warrior.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #6   9/3/09 1:17:40PM   

XblacksheepX

MMA Regular

XblacksheepX Avatar

Career:672-359
Chips:
i remember the ref yelling at him "you have 5 minutes!" like it was his fault. If Lavigne would have judged the fight it would have been different cause he knows what he is doing. He explained the exact rules to catone in another fight.
On the other Hand, Tuscherer should know the rules when he steps in a cage cause it's a dangerous sport. It doesn't matter if chris' balls went inside or not. If a fighter can't continue due to an illegal shot, no matter what, it's a no contest. If the illegal shot was on purpose, the hurt fighter wins by disqualification of his opponent. Not that difficult, but i understand he was confused with all the circumstances.

AGAIN, this is a perfect example that alot of judges are not educated enough. i don't understand why this kind of uneducated guys are allowed to judge mma fights.

Post #7   9/3/09 4:24:28PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
The worst groin shot I remember was Wanderlei vs. Yvel (I think).

Yvel's cup was actually broken (so I heard)

Post #8   9/3/09 4:32:53PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Chirs stuck it out and shouldnt feel bad about the loss. He'll be back and hopfully put on a better showing. Most likely against Duffee. That dude is an animal.

Post #9   9/3/09 5:34:46PM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:986-613
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
In fairness to Tuscherer he took some big shots and seemed to have a good chin and a fairly tough scrotum

Post #10   9/4/09 12:00:50AM