Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: Ben Rothwell hasn’t done nothing … yet

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
“I embrace the challenge. They offered me the opportunity to be a co-main event against Cain, who’s established himself in the UFC, and I was all for it. I feel like I’ve been paying my dues for a long time, and this is my time…. I’ve been doing this for ten years, and all along, it’s always been about being in the UFC. In ten years, I really feel like I’ve had no accomplishments. It sounds like I’ve done some things, but to me, it’s all been training to come here to the UFC. I know it’s gonna be a great fight because I have a tough opponent like Cain, but I’m gonna show you what you all came to see.”

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   9/2/09 10:31:35AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Off-topic...

I HATE DOUBLE NEGATIVES!!!

Post #2   9/2/09 10:47:49AM   

EpicTerran

MMA Regular

EpicTerran Avatar

Career:658-391
Camp: Wolfpack Crew
Chips:
I really don't think Ben deserves Cain to be honest. Is it just me or does Cain have everything to lose and really not much to gain from a win over Ben? If Cain puts a beatdown on Ben its good yes but it doesn't really say much about his credibility, I mean is Ben really a step up from Kongo?

Post #3   9/2/09 12:56:43PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by EpicTerran

I really don't think Ben deserves Cain to be honest. Is it just me or does Cain have everything to lose and really not much to gain from a win over Ben? If Cain puts a beatdown on Ben its good yes but it doesn't really say much about his credibility, I mean is Ben really a step up from Kongo?

It really feels like a stay busy fight for Cain.

Post #4   9/2/09 1:15:50PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,644-1,421
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by EpicTerran

Rothwell was IFL Champion, no? They will play that card for their promotion of the fight. Regardless if Rothwell is a step up or not, this is not a great fight for Cain because Rothwell is probably relatively unknown to the casual fan.

Post #5   9/2/09 5:36:13PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,671-1,523
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
rothwell wasnt the ifl champ, he was just undefeated there, but didnt fight in the HW tourney for the belt thatb roy nelson eventually won.

Post #6   9/2/09 5:51:36PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
He did fight Roy Nelsen though and won, although I thought he lost.

He's a talent but not a HUGE talent. He is kind of like his physique, somewhat impressive but flabby and undisciplined. He has the "tools" to be much better than he is but he doesn't seem to put it all together andwhenver he is in a "war" he gets tired too easily (fitness maybe?).

I want him to do well, but I think Cain is much more mentally focused and tough than he is. When the going gets tough, Cain will still be in shape and in front of Ben. When it gets tough for Ben, he won't have put enough time in in training to weather it and give it back.

I WILL saythis though, Ben's penchant for "throwing" makes for a much more interesting fight from a fan perspective. He is not a bad pick up for UFC fight night type level fights.

Last edited 9/2/09 7:13PM server time by EliasG
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   9/2/09 7:12:44PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
I still cant understand how he is fighting in a co-main event!! I dont care how many fights he won in a row in the IFL. This is crazy!

Post #8   9/2/09 7:15:21PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Still wish he was fighting Carwin instead of Velasquez. He'd knock Shane's block off...

Post #9   9/2/09 11:36:24PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,226-867
Chips:
atleast Rothwell has a somewhat realistic perpective on his career thus far.

Post #10   9/3/09 4:28:21AM