Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Time for Leben to go?

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

no one here has gotten drunk within 2 weeks of a work day....gotta love the interwebs, everyones a critic.

We're all perfect with no skeletons in our closets.

Post #31   9/2/09 2:42:53PM   

roger

Standup Guy

roger Avatar

Career:675-413
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

no one here has gotten drunk within 2 weeks of a work day....gotta love the interwebs, everyones a critic.

YES but i take some asprin and get on with my day lol

Post #32   9/2/09 2:43:26PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,498-1,432
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
dont get me wrong, this is a forum where we are supposed to discuss this stuff, i just get shocked sometimes at how much people really seem to come down on these fighters for doing things weve all done. lord knows im not perfect, and because of that i feel some empathy for the guy, and for all the fighters/delebs that get so scrutinized. but to quote peter griffin, i digest, this is the place for people to say what they think about fighters so i cant really bitch.

Post #33   9/2/09 2:46:30PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,184-1,225
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Good Point but If the quality of my work suffers because of my partying I'd get fired.

Why should he be any different?

Post #34   9/2/09 3:18:37PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Good Point but If the quality of my work suffers because of my partying I'd get fired.

Why should he be any different?

I don't think the quality of his work has suffered. You either win a fight or you lose a fight. He still brings it regardless.

Post #35   9/2/09 3:31:36PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,184-1,225
Chips:
I think the UFC has evolved to a point where to stay employed you have to do a little more than "Bring it".

I think he'll stick around though but only because he's Dana's Original Junie Browning. Villians sell and people love to watch him fight

Last edited 9/2/09 8:42PM server time by FlashyG
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #36   9/2/09 3:47:08PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

I think the UFC has evolved to a point where to stay employed you have to do a little more than "Bring it".

To a degree it has. But Dana has always said that he wants guys (and encourages them) to put it all on the line and make it an exciting fight. In the end, that's what will keep putting butts in seats.

Post #37   9/2/09 3:51:51PM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:

Posted by StorminYourman

Feed him to Wand!

That would be a true slugfest and a very entertaining fight. If Leben can hang with Wand he should stay, if not.....time to go.
Make it happen Joe

Post #38   9/2/09 5:01:48PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

I think he'll stick around though but only because he's Dana's Original Junie Browning. Villians sell and people love to watch him fight, even if he is the American Jonathon Goulet.

Lytel 6-8, serra 6-6, guida 5-4, just to name a few that the ufc wouldnt cut because they "bring it" that have worse records than leben (8-5) in the ufc.

He is not the first fighter to get CAUGHT using steroids in the ufc and wont be the last, at the very least he admitted his mistakes with that and moved on, he didnt try to deny deny deny.

Wheather you like the guy or not the same standards need to apply to him that apply to every other exciting fighter in the organization that do not win all the time, he lost to Jake but I thought he was winning the fight till that point.

What another man does on his own time (drinking) is that mans personal bussiness as long as it dosnt effect his performance in the cage, FYI the drinking accusations are coming from mmaplayground members not the media so no real need to mention it.

WAR "CATSMASHER"

Last edited 9/2/09 5:37PM server time by scobac
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #39   9/2/09 5:36:10PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
Many people have a substance abuse problems. Just about everyone has some kind of problem. If that is the criteria for staying in the UFC then no one would get the axe.

Many people are saying he brings it evey fight, but he sure didn't look to me like a guy who brought much at 102 or in the Starnes fight or the Bisbing fight. He isn't the worst fighter in the UFC, but IMO he just lost to a guy who seems to walk into even the simplest of traps laid for him. Rosholt is one of the best credentialed wrestlers to enter MMA and got taken down, I think, twice by Leben. A guy who wouldn't do anything but run backward and cover up, ala Tito, when Leben would bum rush him with punches. Gimme a break. Leben should have won that fight walking away IMO.

I could care less either way. Like I said, Leben isn't the worst fighter in the UFC. There are plenty of others who deserve the boot before him, but it isn't helping him "addiction" to keep him in the same lifestyle that seems to feed it. He clearly can't handle the celebrity status that comes with the UFC. Maybe he should hang it up, at least until he gets his mind right.

Post #40   9/2/09 7:45:07PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by scobac
Lytel 6-8, serra 6-6, guida 5-4, just to name a few that the ufc wouldnt cut because they "bring it" that have worse records than leben (8-5) in the ufc.

The difference between those fighters and Leben

Most of Lytle and Serra's UFC losses came from champions, ex-champions or number 1 contenders. Lytle's record is also laden with "of the night" honours.

Guida, is a guy, IMO that is close to being on the chopping block. The only thing that I think that is keeping him in is that most of his losses are pretty close fights (though most of his wins are too)

Leben on the other hand has beat less than stellar fighters nobody was higher than a gatekeeper. Likewise, with his losses, (Silva being the exception) he has lost to guys no better than gatekeepers.

Post #41   9/2/09 8:56:18PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

he was winning that fight before he went to sleep

No he wasn't

Post #42   9/2/09 9:52:16PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,342-746
Chips:
Well I think I will keep my opinions to myself till we get all the facts of what is going on.

Post #43   9/3/09 2:20:40AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

Posted by StorminYourman

Feed him to Wand!

That would be a true slugfest and a very entertaining fight. If Leben can hang with Wand he should stay, if not.....time to go.
Make it happen Joe

that would be the perfect welcome to middleweight for WAnd! he needs a good fight with a tough reckless striker.

win or lose i think Leben puts on a good show. he was winning that fight in my opinion.

Post #44   9/3/09 4:02:24AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3