Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Despite some hardcore fans' resistance, Miller declares "Bully Beatdown" a success

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
This past week saw the second season of "Bully Beatdown," with host Jason "Mayhem" Miller, debut on MTV.

"I was definitely looking forward to – if the show went the way I thought it was going to – to doing a second season," Miller said. "I think the first season kind of came out the way we thought it would, but we saw the room for improvement."

The second season's first episode featured top lightweight fighter Eddie Alvarez and a bully named Brandon. While the format was familiar to anyone who watched an episode of the original season, Miller said he was deeply involved in some of the changes that were made.

"My big thing was we came in and I said, 'Look, man – this beginning part is ridiculous,'" Miller said. "'It's way too crazy because the guy has time. They know that I'm coming, so they have time to make up something ridiculous to say, and it always comes out contrived and fake. It would be better if I just interviewed them with the understood fact that he's already agreed to this. It's way easier that way.'

Link

Post #1   9/2/09 1:55:06AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:

I'm just like, 'Wow.' I'm getting this out to geriatric old ladies. I can't believe this.

that sums up the whole article.

Post #2   9/2/09 6:13:08AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

There's also a bully I think maybe urinating in his pants when Andrei Arlovski walks into the cage.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #3   9/2/09 7:32:36AM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
I watched 1 episode and the mma fighter they brought in could not submit the "bully" or make him quit during the stand up, so the bully got the full 10 g's. It made it look bad for the MMA fighter I think his name was Thomas Denny, he told the "bully" that when he wakes up he'll be filling it lmao. I'm sorry but if I was a casual fan or just tunning into for MMA for the first time I wouldn't think much of MMA fighters and think they were big douches after those comments.

Now the seconds season might be worth watching, since Miller has already name dropped to mme fighters Alvarez and Arlovski, so it looks like they are getting better talent in there to keep the bullies from walking away with their money lmao. Would rather have seen Miller in their more then Denny or some of the other guys.

Post #4   9/2/09 6:29:13PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Yeah the fights aren't faked, but the "bully/bullied scenario is. A bunch of the "bullies" have IMDB profiles, they're just actors. I don't understand the point. It's sort of entertaining, but once you know that the entire backstory is fake it kind of defeats the premise of the show.

Post #5   9/3/09 12:19:54AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:

There's also a bully I think maybe urinating in his pants when Andrei Arlovski walks into the cage.

hopefully the bully doesnt know about Arlovski's secret power down button.

Post #6   9/3/09 5:07:18AM