Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Frank Mir slams Joe Rogan’s pro-Nog UFC 102 commentating, tells Fedor to quit and go home

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Link to video

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   9/1/09 1:08:11PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Post #2   9/1/09 1:11:52PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:
Before people just jump all over this please watch the interview. Mir makes some good points and has huge respect for Nog, Brock and Randy.
Although I agree with Rogan that Nog wasn't 100% I'm with Mir on the fact that no fighter ever competes 100% and if you're fit enough to fight you can't make excuses after the fight.

Post #3   9/1/09 1:12:15PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Before people just jump all over this please watch the interview. Mir makes some good points and has huge respect for Nog, Brock and Randy.
Although I agree with Rogan that Nog wasn't 100% I'm with Mir on the fact that no fighter ever competes 100% and if you're fit enough to fight you can't make excuses after the fight.

I'm just getting to the point where I can't stand hearing Frank Mir talk. He has this aura of cockiness about it him that just gets under my skin.

Hey Frank...let's talk about your undying love and your show of favoritism towards Miguel Torres...

Post #4   9/1/09 1:17:29PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I'm just getting to the point where I can't stand hearing Frank Mir talk. He has this aura of cockiness about it him that just gets under my skin.

Hey Frank...let's talk about your undying love and your show of favoritism towards Miguel Torres...

I too have a undying love and huge favoritism towards Miguel Torres.

Post #5   9/1/09 1:21:09PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SmileR

I do, too.

However, I think Rogan did a fine job of posing the question that EVERYONE wants the answer to. Let' say it was someone like Cro Cop (or some other underdog) fighting Nog that night instead of Mir. You can't convince me that Mir wouldn't have asked the EXACT same question.

The only way to settle it is to have them fight again...and then a 3rd time because a healthy Nog, in my opinion, would beat Mir in a rematch. So a rubber match *would* be needed.

Last edited 9/1/09 1:29PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   9/1/09 1:26:47PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

yeah but mir chose to reschedule his bout with brock because of an injury. I think being in the hospital 1 week before the fight because of staph and a torn meniscus constitutes a rescheduling as well.

Post #7   9/1/09 1:26:59PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SmileR

I do, too.

However, I think Rogan did a fine job of posing the question that EVERYONE wants the answer to. Let' say it was someone like Cro Cop (or some other underdog) fighting Nog that night instead of Mir. You can't convince me that Mir wouldn't have asked the EXACT same question.

The only way to settle it is to have them fight again...and then a 3rd time because a healthy Nog, in my opinion, would beat Mir in a rematch. So a rubber match *would* be needed.

I'd love to see a rematch and I'd pick Nog again because as he showed the other night a fit and mach ready Nog is one mean dude. I can see where Mir is coming from though.
I'd say finishing Nog is his biggest achievement to date, even bigger than winning the belt. I can't see many people doing the same because Nog didn't even look dazed when Randy connected flush and Randys dropped some big guys.
I'd be pissed if someone was down playing a big achievement I'd made in a fair match. While I agree with what Rogan said I can also see why Mir is angered by it.
I agree with you 100% though if the roles were reversed or another guy fought I wouldn't be surprised to here Mir defending Nog.

Post #8   9/1/09 1:40:04PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,644-1,421
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SmileR

Couldn't agree more, Mir was basically speechless when Torres lost, didn't really even give credit to Bowles who is a stud IMO.

Post #9   9/1/09 2:00:31PM   

DaBeatdown

MMA Regular

DaBeatdown Avatar

Career:981-654
Camp: Knee's
Chips:
Frank Mir is like fingernails on the chalkboard, wish he would keep his mouth shut

Post #10   9/1/09 2:02:25PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SmileR

agreed, i like him less and less every time he speaks, and I never lilked him much to begin with.

Post #11   9/1/09 2:11:32PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

He has this aura of cockiness about it him that just gets under my skin.

Let me rephrase this...

He "GOTS" this aura of cockiness about it him that just gets under my skin.

Post #12   9/1/09 2:14:37PM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Im not sure who he loves more Torres or Curran?

Post #13   9/1/09 2:29:20PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,109-1,190
Chips:
I do get the fact that he's trying to be as respectful as possible... but he should take a hard and long look in the mirror after hearing go on and on and on and oooooooooon about miguel torres. Plus, he's not a very good commentator IMO.

Mir

Post #14   9/1/09 2:42:20PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:
I had no clue that Frank Mir was oh so Viscous, lord knows we don't want frank mir of all people being viscous against randy...

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #15   9/1/09 2:45:58PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3