Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage vs. Rashad in jeopardy?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BrutalKnockOut

MMA Regular

BrutalKnockOut Avatar

Career:466-310
Camp: Team Takeover
Chips:
Rampage vs. Rashad in jeopardy?

Looks as if the rumors of Rampage taking off to Hollywood are true, thus putting the UFC 107 main event with Rashad Evans in jeopardy.

Post #1   8/28/09 10:56:13PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Lame

Post #2   8/28/09 11:51:47PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Last edited 8/29/09 12:02AM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   8/28/09 11:59:59PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,838-1,149
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Well feed Rashad to Anderson

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #4   8/29/09 12:23:57AM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
I wish people would stop trying to run other men's lives.

I'd love to see Rashad fight Rampage. However, there is an old saying in showbizness...strike while the iron is hot. If you don't, when you're old NO ONE WANTS YOU IN MOVIES. See any roles for Shamrock?

You don't wait till you are washed up, you do things when your marketability is high.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why there are people who WANT to tell other men what to do....I KNOW why Dana is doing it---he wants to market Rampage while his marketability is good. But Rampage will be able to fight 6 months from now....the movie won't be an option for him anymore. It's common sense. Someone offers you money and an opportunity that may never come agian--you take it. It's not like if he takes this opportunity that he'll never fight again.

Post #5   8/29/09 12:33:04AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Bosses usually have to tell employees what to do.

Post #6   8/29/09 1:04:08AM   

Shadymlm

MMA Regular

Shadymlm Avatar

Career:27-16
Chips:

Posted by EliasG

I'd love to see Rashad fight Rampage. However, there is an old saying in showbizness...strike while the iron is hot. If you don't, when you're old NO ONE WANTS YOU IN MOVIES. See any roles for Shamrock?

You don't wait till you are washed up, you do things when your marketability is high.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why there are people who WANT to tell other men what to do....I KNOW why Dana is doing it---he wants to market Rampage while his marketability is good. But Rampage will be able to fight 6 months from now....the movie won't be an option for him anymore. It's common sense. Someone offers you money and an opportunity that may never come agian--you take it. It's not like if he takes this opportunity that he'll never fight again.

The iron will still be hot after the Rashad fight. He had a prior engagement. He should honor his agreement with the UFC(You know the ones who helped get his face out there with 2 Seasons of TUF) then if he wants to take a break to do a movie fine do it. But don't bite the hand that feeds you that's just tasteless and disgusting to me. If he opps to make that movie rather then fight then I will boycott it and I hope you all do too! I'm so tired of Fighters ****ing on the fans that line their pockets it makes me sick! PS I Love Rampage unless he does this then he can go **** himself!

Post #7   8/29/09 5:31:53AM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
A bit OTT don't you think?
If Rampage can make a lot more money making movies why not?
I am pretty sure the UFC will get a lot of exposure from this venture as well.
We might have to wait a while for the Evans fight but it will still happen. The same delay could easily happen with an injury to one of the fighters (Hughes vs Serra).

Post #8   8/29/09 5:56:24AM   

Tank5000

Learning to Sprawl

Tank5000 Avatar

Career:420-242
Camp: Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Well feed Rashad to Anderson

I would love to see that fight, especially if Rashad gets destroyed in the process.

But I heard that Anderson wants to fight at HW, and Mir has accepted his challenge. Plus, Anderson still has to defend his MW title (unless he plans to drop it and move permanently to a higher weight class).

Post #9   8/29/09 7:55:24AM   

gabe531

Standup Guy

gabe531 Avatar

Career:1,238-669
Chips:

Posted by EliasG

so when you clock in everyday do you get to do whatever you want at work, watch ufc, play poker, goto strip club, golf etc. while the company you work for pays you OR do you have to do the job that you get paid for??

Post #10   8/29/09 8:58:19AM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
This sounds bogus...is that website credible?

Post #11   8/29/09 10:07:12AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
either that or scrap the memphis fight and have them fight in vegas year end

Post #12   8/29/09 10:46:20AM   

MattHughesRules

MMA Regular

MattHughesRules Avatar

Career:710-388
Camp: Tapout or Passout
Chips:
The fact of the matter is Rampage agreed to the fight on the date that was set. If he is any kind of man at all he will take care of the fight he committed to and then worry about his movie. I like Rampage a lot but I think Dana White is right about one thing....Evans is not worrying about movies right now. He is training to beat Rampages ass. Get in the gym Rampage! Thrash Evans and make your way back to a 205 title shot! You're a fighter not a movie star.

Post #13   8/29/09 12:03:08PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I agree with everyone who says Rampage should do right by the company that has given him the opportunity to appear in film roles. Fighting is his bread and butter, regardless if he does films or not, his legacy will be determined by his fighting career. Anyone remember Cung Le? That guy who beat Shamrock a year and a half ago? (that's rhetorical btw people :) ) What, other than more money as Cung gained from doing films? Nothing. No one knows him outside of the fight community, and even that community is quickly forgetting about his name as time passes.

Quinton is a UFC fighter as his contract dictates, Dana and the Fertittas have stuck with him through thick and thin, no sense in running off to do a film just yet while he has obligations to the company.

Post #14   8/29/09 12:17:35PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
I still think this story stinks of false

Post #15   8/29/09 12:36:46PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2