Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 102 co-headliner Keith Jardine isn't one for typical pre-event hoopla

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
PORTLAND, Ore. – One glance from Keith Jardine can prove that "Dean of Mean" is more than just a rhyming nickname. The UFC star continues to gain in popularity with the fans despite a herky-jerky style inside and outside the octagon.

"To me, all great fighters should have something cool or different about their style," coach Greg Jackson told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "Muhammad Ali did everything wrong, but he was 'The Greatest.' I like it when people say he has an awkward style. If they said he was awkward and he sucked that would be one thing, but Keith is decent."

On Saturday, Jardine (14-5-1) and his unique style will face Thiago Silva at UFC 102 in Portland, Ore. Jardine also brought a unique style to the pre-fight hoopla. Contractually obliged to participate in open workouts, he waded through the reporters and cameras with his shoulders slumped and head down. He kept his eyes on the floor while shadowboxing with a surliness that seemed to emanate Don't. Bother. Me.

Link

Post #1   8/28/09 8:49:56PM